Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What holster do you guys recommend for 4 5/8" super blackhawk? I'm looking for something smooth on the inside so it would wear the guns finish the least. Looking to carry the gun on the hip. Thanks.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I carry mine in a strongside HSR from Milt Sparks. Other holsters I use for field carry of revolvers include a Bob Mernickle and Comp-Tac.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sionaprhys, is your hsr easy on the gun finish? A buddy of mine said he saw one that was real soft on the inside to protect the gun finish but cant remember which one it was.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The HSR is leather so it will wear the finish. Any soft material will retain any dust or grit and scratch things up as well. The hard Kydex, like Comp-Tac uses, retains grit the least and is easiest to clean but if you do get any dirt in it and don't clean it out can really scratch things up. Probably the softest holster material will be nylon.

Check with Bob Mernickle. He can line his holsters with suede or possibly pig skin which are both very soft.

·
Banned
326 Posts
go the custom route, and get something that will be wxactly what you want. I tried to post some pics, but am not being able to.If its a 4 5/8 SBH, I have a couple on hand. Oned strongside, ones a crossdraw. They are both lined for mininum wear to the guns finish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts