Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very little road traffic despite the lake being a mear 1/2 mile from me. They are always coming and going.
Lots of times their kids are running up and down the road on dirt bikes and ATV's, winter time snowmobiles when they are out of school.
Maybe the parents being home from work are really parenting?

Also we are on a flight path to Flints Bishop air port and have jets, prop driven air planes and helicopters flying over every day all day and night long. There is a small local air port near by also whick many times will have small planes in the air doing their training of new pilots. Today about the biggest thing flying over are the geese going from the corn field at night to the lake and ponds or from the ponds to the corn fields in the morning.

Lots or other birds are filling the skys with sounds today.

·
Premium Member
14,189 Posts
I saw a flock of geese in Burley Tuesday morning but their face mask were hanging under their chins. Probably migrants and don't know any better.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Great news from the golden state...

Governor says we're 1/2 way to procuring the 15,000 motel rooms our sanctuary state needs to provide free housing and laundry services for the homeless; all for only $900,000,000.00

does anybody know where all that gold comes from ?

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,772 Posts
From the fleecing of all those sheeple in Kalifornie! :)

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I was just about to say I just woke up at 7 am without car and truck noise from a Main road about 500 mtrs away.
They started the same time I started typing ,it is saterday and we are supposed to be on lockdown.
$1600 fine if you are out of your house and it is not a esential reason.
What on earth are all these people doing ?

Would be nice if people took this a bit more seriously.
Our gate has a bike lock wrapped around it to give people the hint.
Less than 1% of the worlds population has been tested.
Results show more than 1 million infected .
You don't have to be a mathematician to work out that equals Stay home.

Feels safer when it is quite.

Cheers.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why turn my simple it is so quiet here in to a politiacal thread?

Isn't there a section for that?

A long time military man died in a near by town where he had became a LEO and a teacher. They did a fly over at his furneal this morning.
I don't know if the people were 6 feet apart I could care less.

But I will tell you that A10 Wart Hogs were over 6 feet apart at tree top level when they flew over my house shaking rthe pictures off the walls.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
That's not so quiet, did you take that pic.
Some times we can see our military fly by but they are to far away to get a good look.
We have a run into the Melbourne airport that goes over us , seems to be in 2-3week rotation.
Saw two big jets today,first we have seen for awhile.
They are close Enough to get a good look underneath them but they are not real load for some reason.

Cheers.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I didn't take the picture. If I had there would have been two of them and possiable even had a shot of thr pilots they were low and banking.

I was working on a new deer blind by the garage.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
No I didn't take the picture. If I had there would have been two of them and possiable even had a shot of thr pilots they were low and banking.

I was working on a new deer blind by the garage.
How are you going to blind a deer with that ? Poke em in the eye when they look through ??

Seriously looks good hope you post a pic when it is done .
I am missing our old farm that had deer on it now ,hunting is considered recreational not essential unless you can prove you need the meat,untested ground as it is new but that's the jist if it.
We're left with one spot we can do a short walk on and that is it.
Only place we're I could build a blind ,landscape wise is no good as there is a house right next to it.
Always wanted to get an old cubby hut for a blind on the old farm .

I would be very happy to spend some time in a blind with a thermos and some serenity.

Cheers.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had been hunting for 40 some years with a Muzzle loader half hartedly. Finally got my first buck from my front yard deer blind. It ran dowen the hill by the basement walk out. Used the flood lights to field dress it.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Haven’t you heard, it’s quiet because everyone has died or is dying from CV-19. That’s what the media would have you believe anyway.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Had been hunting for 40 some years with a Muzzle loader half hartedly. Finally got my first buck from my front yard deer blind. It ran dowen the hill by the basement walk out. Used the flood lights to field dress it.
That is a good looking setup I can see myself sitting in there.
I am on the lookout for some materials to put one on an old dairy shed roof for foxes.
Every time I get some good stuff together it gets used for something else .
Congratulations on your dear .
Looks a patch of paradise were you are , that is the sort of place my wife and I are saving up for.
I can not wait until I can get up in the morning and let a few rounds of from something bigger than a 22 with subsonics .
Our biggest criteria is ' can we shoot without complaints and is there deer.

Cheers.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,772 Posts
Wouldn't get me any where near that blind! You guys notice the bee hive boxes next to it? :eek:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I remarked to my Mother on the 'phone how quiet the nearby road was yesterday.
I'm starting the second of two weeks administrative leave.
I am getting a lot of built up chores and mini projects done, but am finding I "need" bits of hardware I don't have on hand.
Those tasks can just wait a little while. This next week (or three) is looking to be pretty bad.
My state AL is now projected to be 4th worst affected in the Nation. Even after the "crest", C-19 is not just going to disappear.

Most will survive certainly. Just as certainly, most will lose friends and/or relatives before the fade away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Guys don't stay in front of CNN because you're going to end up lobotomized!
The media propaganda tools of governments manipulate us from the start! No single country really applies the same means of protection. Economic issues with us and with you are the real priority. Concretely there will actually be deaths ... now in comparison with the Spanish flu of the First World War there is room.
With us, the government changes its mind regularly or even overnight.
If we go out without legitimate reason we risk 135 euros. If a pharmacist sells masks (shortage for the state) he risks 6 months in prison and 10,000 euros.
My sister got the virus and is cured. One of my workers got it and he's cured ... How many kills cigarettes every year? Alcohol? Asbestos? Pollution?
The difference is that this virus spreads very easily and that people at risk are in large numbers in a short time and that hospitals are quickly overwhelmed.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have it complete now except for the roof and a door.

I shopped hard for my property spent as much time looking for it as I did a wife (28 years for her). Is only ten acres with a creek running thru it when we bought it but I have a range in the back yard and take my winchester 300 mag out regular to shoot.

A year ago we bought the vacant 10 acres next door so I now have 20 acres for deer blinds. Like this last build.

Closed in now but the start of the rear frame.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts