Shooters Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Looks and sounds spot on to me .
Do you have any sheep ,cows or pigs .
Personally I would be quite satisfied with venison , honey and a few garden vegetables .
We have just started eating lamb again after just eating venison for a few years, now we don't have easy access to deer .
Used to enjoy having deer in the hay paddock.
I make a drink like vodka out of fruit but some times sugar and absolutely love making a drink that is pretty much half spirit and half honey.
If I ever get a orchard and behives that what a lot of it will go towards, I'm not much of a drinker but that is nice .

Creek is an essential I think or even a good spring but a creek would be ideal .

Cheers

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Easter Sunday you would have thought the curches were open and having services. One place near by had a service in the parking lot but all had to stay in their car/suv/truck.

But there shre was a lot more traffic on the road.
Also isn't just the kids running their ATV and dirt bikes on the road.
Plenty of gray haired grand pa types with side by sides running the road.

Got the back of the blind finished except for the door. think I will build that once up on the plat form.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Like the quiet in a town that is prepared for a group of bandits in a 1955 TV show?

Or the quiet of a ghost town with dead bodies strewn across the landscape...

I like the first choice myself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Suburban BS

I live in the suburbs in a city that shares it's first name with 4 others. Not allowed to even shoot a slingshot shortly after we moved in. Idk what the heck I was thinking? I envy you for living outside of town. Wish I'd listened to the little shooter on my shoulder. I miss getting out hunting and fishing 10 minutes from home. Now the whole area's grown up and full of yuppies that wanna outlaw everything they don't care about anyway.
I'd love to grab a rifle and some cartridges or pellets and just go out plinking in the morning. Being partly handicapped makes it challenging, but I'd love to do it all again, like with my father & brothers. I'm not much of a farmer, but a big garden would be nice again. Got a big chest freezer that can work in the garage coming in. Wanna stuff it with fish and game. Wild boar are a nuisance in this state. So open season and no bag limit! I got three .25 magnums for me and my sons to use. A couple smoke poles for deer. Living out in the country in peace and quiet would be great again. Being from Appalachia & living in the city is hard.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts