Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody must be busy today. A new look and new format and for anybody that has hair it's standing on end. Going through this on another forum and taking some time to get use to it. Still haven't figured it all out. and may not for a while.
Need more coffee.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Everybody must be busy today. A new look and new format and for anybody that has hair it's standing on end. Going through this on another forum and taking some time to get use to it. Still haven't figured it all out. and may not for a while.
Need more coffee.
just checking to see if this new stuff works!

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,160 Posts
Everybody must be busy today. A new look and new format and for anybody that has hair it's standing on end.
I'm sure you get it. Things are certainly different, but interestingly I'm partial to the control layout. The general format maybe as as big of a fan, but being able to do some of the things I need to do; I actually like it.

Similarly for anyone on a phone, the similarity is so nicely similar compared to the former version.

Cheers

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,796 Posts
I'm sure you get it. Things are certainly different, but interestingly I'm partial to the control layout. The general format maybe as as big of a fan, but being able to do some of the things I need to do; I actually like it.

Similarly for anyone on a phone, the similarity is so nicely similar compared to the former version.

Cheers
Like most folks, I'm still stumbling around trying to figure just how to navigate, let alone get involved in discussions!
:oops:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not going anywhere because of the change I'm just figuring this thing out. It's getting easier the more I use it.
Just like a new car, gun, or smart ph.:unsure:

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
It's very similiar to several other forums, not a fan. There's much less information on any given page with layers upon layers, fun if your retired and have all day to look at your computer. People with limited time will find themselves going to one section or two then leaving. Traffic will be more in line with other similiar forums, subject matter experts will hang out in a couple of sections. If your looking for something familiar go to The Firing Line

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,160 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's very similiar to several other forums, not a fan. There's much less information on any given page with layers upon layers, fun if your retired and have all day to look at your computer. People with limited time will find themselves going to one section or two then leaving. Traffic will be more in line with other similiar forums, subject matter experts will hang out in a couple of sections. If your looking for something familiar go to The Firing Line
I've seen this also, most forums will see a big drop in usage over the next three to six months and never recover from this and not just gun forums.
I understand needing to upgrade over time but you would think those in charge would spend some time checking other forums to see what works, some who change see a small drop for a short time until people get used to it and then pick right back up but this format has never recovered on any forum I've been a member of.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've seen this also, most forums will see a big drop in usage over the next three to six months and never recover from this and not just gun forums.
I understand needing to upgrade over time but you would think those in charge would spend some time checking other forums to see what works, some who change see a small drop for a short time until people get used to it and then pick right back up but this format has never recovered on any forum I've been a member of.
Could you tell us the names of the forums that never recovered from this format?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Like so many here, I had to adjust to this new format. It has advantages and some disadvantages, but we have it. We all must adapt and learn to use this new format.

·
Premium Member
14,215 Posts
I'll just say this--I gave up a Costco card because they rearranged the store between visits. I like stability and don't like change just for the sake of it. Maybe this change helped something or somebody, but it hurt more than it helped, IMO.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, now I feel out of place (but that isn't too hard to believe).
I actually like the new format, but for a second there I thought my Pc logged into the mobile site.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,796 Posts
I'm becoming more comfortable with it as time passes. Has lots of features the 20 year old format didn't have. Guess we'll just have to get used to it.

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
This is a unique format. The owners had it custom-coded to address shortcomings in the vBulletin software which has, kind of like Windows, become in many ways obsolete and bloated with third-party add-ons required to add features, and also the ad system kept interfering. This format is intended to load faster and work across all platforms and make it easier to find things and to perform tasks like uploading images and videos and messaging one another. So, that's the intent. Mainly, because of unfamiliarity, right now it slows down doing things as we fumble around to find equivalent features and functions. But they all seem to be here in one way or another, so be patient and allow time for your brain to grow new neural pathways and all will be well.

Reactions: Darkker and Maeus
1 - 20 of 22 Posts