Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a decent 9mm and I've been looking into these two semi-autos. I'm trying to find one that a priced around $400. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've never shot an EAA brand weapon and haven't heard much about them - good or bad. S&W has one of the best customer service reputations in the industry. They're up the road from me in Mass and it's a well-run operation. Have you seen www.gun-review.com ? Check out what others are saying about either of them. I saw Bud's was selling the SW for under 325. I know Bud's was selling Sig P250s for a little over 400 a while back buy they might have sold out of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check out the website you provided, but I found no feedback. Actually I can't find a review on the weapon anywhere on the internet which seems a little strange to me.

I'm not dead set on either of these firearms, but they're the two that stuck out the most in my mind. I've fired the SW40VE before and was generally happy with it. Not so thrilled with the amount of force needed to pull the trigger, but I could live with that. I'm really just trying to find a quality 9mm handgun that is within my price range. I don't know a lot about handguns and what is available so I thought this forum could give some insight. I've researched online and walked around a few shops, but nothing has really stuck out to me.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
On the Smith the trigger was orginally designed for law enforcement as a replacement for the 9-11 lb DA trigger on revolvers. This is what the Chiefs of Police were looking at the time. Don't forget Smith has the $50 or 2 free magazines rebate going on at this time also.

CD

·
Registered
58 Posts
CD - Good point on the offer. And there are plenty of aftermarket shops that can adjust the trigger back down to manageable 5lbs. There are a number of places in the NE that specialize in it for Mass residents who have to get 'special' pistols.

What about a Beretta 92FS? You can find some police trade-ins for about $300. They shoot well but some are well-holster-worn.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have an EEA Witness in 9 MM and .45 ACP.Love them both.Very well made steel frame guns.They are a bit heavy for comfortable ccw.I would recommend them to anyone if shooting or hunting was the intended purpose.If concealed carry was the need then something lighter would be in order.Im not familiar with the other models EEA makes but if the quality is anything like the two guns I have then ya can't go wrong.These guns are basically copies of the CZ 75 design

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I have a 9mm Sigma and a buddy has .40 version. They are both accurate and reliable. I mean really reliable, I've never had a malfunction with mine. You can grab the slide and let it slowly forward, both guns will still easily chamber a round no matter how slow you ride the slide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've shot the .40 sigma and I'm familiar with the problem with the trigger pull. I've read many reviews on the weapon and thats the only complaint I've come across. And I mean the ONLY complaint. This gun is mostly for recreational target shooting, not for CCW or hunting purposes.

One of my buddies recommends a Glock 17, which is a good weapon, I just don't like the actual look of it. I might just go shoot the sigma 9mm and see how it feels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts