Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there have any experiences with any Swift products? I mounted a swift 4.5-14x44 on a Remington 700 LA 30.06. Things just don't seem right.... it's not reacting the way it should. It's the first time I've tried this brand and I'm having second thoughts... Any thoughts would be greatly appriciated.

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Has anyone out there have any experiences with any Swift products? I mounted a swift 4.5-14x44 on a Remington 700 LA 30.06. Things just don't seem right.... it's not reacting the way it should. It's the first time I've tried this brand and I'm having second thoughts... Any thoughts would be greatly appriciated.
Ah, you're the other person who bought a Swift.
I have two of the 4-12 X44 and really like them. I'm set on 44mm lenses and have one Swift on a 30-06 and one on a 7mm-08. I hunt with mine and don't do much target work. They gather light well and don't quit from hard use. I've had good service out of both of them. I think they still have a lifetime warranty, I'd send it back if you are having problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was really surpirsed with the clarity for the price. The gun it's on was my first high power I got when I was 12.... I just re did the rifle over the past year. Stock, barrel, triger some action work. I reload and am very maticulous on consistency it groups great it just doesn't respond to adjustments the way it should. I'm thinking your right on the warranty, I should get it sent back but I was planning to just replace it if I didn't get any positive feed back.

Thanks for the Info

·
Registered
381 Posts
I got back into guns, shooting and reloading about 5 years ago after a 35+ year absence. Needed a scope for a new rifle....found a Swift Premier 669M 6-18x44 AO for $125 plus shipping on Amazon.com that other internet sites were selling for anywhere from about $210 to $250. Now have three of this model....last one I got a few weeks ago when I found it for $109 + shipping from a place called the sports monkey that had only Swift scopes to sell. Needless to say, I've had no problems with mine. Think its a pretty good scope or I wouldn't have 3.

Like tpv wrote....maybe you should sent it in for warranty....if your model has a life time warranty like my Premier model....their lower cost models such as the Reliant series have only a 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ALL!!! I have a update for you.... I took the scope back to the place I purchased it, no if ands or buts they gave me the exact scope off the shelf as replacement! Which really surprised me most of the time I've had to send them back. I installed it last night and checked to besure that all was tight and in good condition and it was then quickly bore sighted it. I snuck out today and with in 6 shots at 50 had it where it needed to be. out to 100 and soon had it dialed in. Within a box of shells 2-3 shot groups at 1MOA. :D So far I'm much happier with this scope, it is acting way better out of the box than the last one did. I will let you know how it does at distance once I get a chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts