Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm gonna cut the barrel to 13in., with a one inch muzzlebrake. I am going to use D&T Custom Gunworks, David White gunsmith, Vinita, Okla. Anybody have him do Contender or Encore work? I will be working with 777 and 209 primers, bullets will be whatever prints best...powerbelts...maxihunter...PRB...1:28 twist, He will also lap the barrel...probably a powerbelt or a sabot will group best...hoping I can find a combo with PRB. Since I don't have a chrony, I will probably have questions. I want to be "deer-good" to 50yrds. When I get the barrel back I will put it on the frame and post pics. Gonna be a real fire belcher!!! Oh, I forgot, this is a T/C G2 .45cal. I'm kinda thinking a 200-250gr. bullet at 1000fps.
I appreciate all comments.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That sounds like an aggressive and interesting project. That will be something to see and for you to shoot.

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
I have had work done by David and it was all very high quality. Can you shoot a 13" barrel with a butt stock, or is this going to be some kind of hybrid ML pistol? Sounds interesting, at any rate, but I have to ask: What are you hoping to achieve, here? A short, handy ML? I...I guess I'm confused. :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I enjoy pistol shooting, probably more than a rifle. Frankly, I haven't had a shot over 30 or 40yrds. in lot's of years. So I guess I'm trying to make it more challenging. My ML shot this year was 8yrds., should have just jumped on his back with a knife in my teeth!

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Hope the state you may be hunting in allows muzzleloading pistols. Unfortunately my home state of South Dakota doesn't so would be more for varmits and target shooting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the pistols as well. There is an 8” rifled barrel, 45 caliber, 45 grains of powder minimum on muzzle loading big game hunting pistols here in Washington State. I just picked up a 45 ‘Kentucky’ style and am going to try round balls as well as sabots and pistol bullets in it to see what works. May not even hunt with it, but it will be fun to mess with! Not sure about putting 45 grains of powder in it though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts