Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you tell the difference between the Contender and Encore barrels? I have a contender now that has 4 different barrels, but I had a G2 that I got rid of a few years back. I ran into some different barrels that I didn't know that I had in my stockpile, and I don't know which they will fit. Is there even a difference?
Thanks.

·
Banned
434 Posts
The G2 is a Contender. Contender barrels are smaller in diameter than Encore barrels. Encore barrels are supposed to be 1.000" in diameter at the breach, if I'm not mistaken, while Contenders are .800-ish.

All G2 barrels will fit all Contenders. The only Contender barrels that won't fit all Contender frames are Armalloy coated barrels.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
An Encore barrel will not fit on a Contender frame or vice versa. If memory serves the hinge pins are different diameter and the hinge pin to latch spacing is different. Try it once and you'll definately see the difference. Also the width of the barrel block is different i.e. Encore is wider.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I was just going to do the logical thing and try it out, but I didn't want to mess anything up if it didn't fit right (extractor, etc.). I thing I'll just try them out carefully and see what works.
Thanks again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts