Shooters Forum banner

Do you think gun ownership could ever prevent terrorism?

• Yes, owning a gun and carrying it freely would deter crime and terrorism.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Yes, but only if owned and displayed by law enforcement personnel.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no way gun owners can prevent terrorism and crime.

• No, criminals and terrorists don't care if you have a gun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contender calibers are only what you can make of them. The beauty of the contender is its versatility. This lends itself to the reloader. I currently have a number of Contender barrels and would like to start this thread for the purpose of getting the most from them. Here, I hope all the Contender enthusiasts will feel free to share their experiences good and bad with us.
As a reloader, I have found myself facing a number of plateaus over the years and now am faced with the indescision of going larger or for more coefficient. We shoot 200m silhouettes and the 7mm is the dominent caliber. I have to admit the big bores excite me, but the accuracy is costing me matches. I have a 375 Win and a 30-30 Win. I am preparing to tool up and try them. Does any one have any good loads or advise that can make me competitive again?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I cannot say about the 375 Win. but for the 30-30 the only powder that you need is H-4895 and for the primer, stay with the Fed. 210 BR....

I have several 30-30 barrels, all Super 14" and thay all will shoot inside an inch at 100 yards! I shoot Sierra's 110gr. Hollow Point, SPEER 130gr. Hollow point, 125 gr. and 150 gr. Ballistic Tip, SPEER 150gr. Grand Slam and Hornady's 155gr. A-Max. One powder, one primer and all these bullets grouping inside an inch - (3 shot groups) at 100 yards, what more could you ask for?

I know that there are those who have their favorite powders and bullets but after more than 20 years of playing with the 30-30 and the 7mm TC/U, I like to at least thing I have learned a thing or two.....

DAVID

1 - 2 of 2 Posts