Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone!
Another new member and happy to be in touch with other handgunners.

Anyone out there working on Encore 7MM/08 REM deer loads?
I've been working on making mine more accurate and would like to compare notes. I've taken a number of Whitetails out to 250 yds and will never carry a blunderbust shotgun again!

I'd love to hear from you.

BRFIXIT

·
Registered
188 Posts
I do not have anything on the Encore for you but i do want to welcome you to the forums. I think you will like it.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Hi,
I don't have a 7/08 but I've been shooting a .284 Winchester in a XP-100 pistol for about 12 years now. What bullets have you been using for hunting? Results?

The biggest thing I've found for accuracy in most single shot pistols of different makes was found with the chronograph and the dial caliper. Getting a load of suitable velocity with the lowest SD with the bullet seated to the correct depth for the individual firearm in question seemed to be the most important thing. If the Nosler Ballistic Tips will hold up to muzzle velocity you are using, and will open at the velocity remaining at your longest shot, I'd give them a shot. I have had excellent accuracy with these bullets and they seem to be made for the slightly reduced velocities of handguns using short rifle rounds, for deer at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts