Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a G2 with a 21" 25-20 MGM barrel. I discovered it today and realized
that I had neglected it. I haven't shot it much, will rectify that! Looking in my
notes it seems that last time out it shot a nickel sized five shot group at 50
yards. A 70GR Sierra ballistic tip bullet is "just right" for this rifle. Anyone else
shoot a 25-20 in a T/C Contender or G2? I wouldn't want to be a bunny in the
way of this one.
Bill

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I have a G2 with a 21" 25-20 MGM barrel. I discovered it today and realized
that I had neglected it. I haven't shot it much, will rectify that! Looking in my
notes it seems that last time out it shot a nickel sized five shot group at 50
yards. A 70GR Sierra ballistic tip bullet is "just right" for this rifle. Anyone else
shoot a 25-20 in a T/C Contender or G2? I wouldn't want to be a bunny in the
way of this one.
Bill
I own a Winchester model 43 bolt action in .25-20. Very accurate using 60 - 86 grain .25-20 bullets and IMR-4198 powder. I also use Unique & Sr-4759 powders when using cast lead bullets.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I switched to the Encore platform about 3 years ago. Seems my old eyes really need scopes now to shoot and rifle scopes are a lot easier to deal with than long eye relief scopes are. One of my latest creations is a .256 Maximum (.357 Maximum case necked .257 or the .256 Winchester Magnum lengthened by 1/4") This is a real tack driver out of an 18 1/2 inch bull barrel from Bullberry Legacy. Only problem is that load info is virtually non-existent. I was told that 6MM TCU data would interchange given the same bullet weight, so this is what I've been SLOWLY proceeding on with great results so far. I've got a load using H335 and an 87 grain pill, pushing it to about 2,400 fps. 10 shot groups that can be covered with a half dollar (anyone remember those??? They are not seen very often anymore) at 100 yards off sandbags.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Blackhawk, I remember the half dollar. When going through my Dad's belongings
I found a small bag of them, bank didn't want them! My first T/C was a 223 Encore, I
still have it. It will outshoot some more expensive iron that lives here. I then bought
some G2s and my world was complete, I thought. I them developed a bad case of
#1 fever followed by Winchester/Browning 1885 fever. I now find that I want to shoot
the G2s and Encores again. It is funny how the world turns. No matter what critter I
shoot, I will keep my 22 Hornets, 218 Bee, 221 Fireball and 25-20 calibers that I
love. Everyone stay safe and keep shooting!
Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts