Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just watched a piece about the magnificent sniper rifles available to the military..
then my mind went back to vietnam an specifically the methods the cong used to defeat tactical superiorty..
they knew the land better... they were willing to pay the ultimate price..
they thought out of the box.. so what ever methods needed were used to overcome this superiority..in the end total commitment won out..
pol pot was a man devoted to what he believed was right.. moreover he was able to inspire his fighters to be as commited as he was.. i admire his ability ,while at the same time detesting his methods of rule an beliefs..
kinda reminds me of what the minute men were able to achieve with the same amount of dedication..imagine 13 little colonies devided in half by those devoted to the king an those devoted to freedom an what they believed in...similar to vietnam,and what happened there.. tactical superiority against an enemy totally dedicated to its cause..who gonna win .. you read the history books.. even then you have to kinda read between the lines..jmo slim

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
you guys are smart to not answer .. the ones that watch will find a shaky old man at my house an know they wasted a trip..it will be an opportunity to hit one of the younger less jaded ones up for a loan that i ll gladly pay back next tuesday..:)slim
edit.. my advice get rid ofem .. all centerfires of any kind.. keep one ccw an mabe a 22..
the people are just not willing to give real opposition,to those who want to take the right to bear arms away from us so why indanger your family for what appears to be a lost cause.. get you money out ofem while you still can..
let somebody else take the heat..so the ones i have left are for sale..
4 police officers were killed in washington today.. this tells me its possible the antis in the know are pulling out all stops to villanise gun owners,,now while they are at thier strongest..i hope im wrong ,,but this in my opinion is a tactic by the anti gunners..if an when they catch this guy ..im betting hes dead or easily motivated by those who would use emotionally unstable people for thier own agenda..got some pretty good deals here myself..but i ll sell locally as some people here have seen them shoot so don t pm me aboutem..think how well he must have been able to shoot,,to get 4 officers without even taking a hit.. they were in vest an had thier side arm,,from what the news is saying..a real trajedy..some times you gotta callem like you seeum..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why though the hands in the air and give up so easy, think of what ELSE is imminent if they get our weapons! I agree, if nobodies willing to fight for our rights, we don`t deserve them. That meens the whole Constitution. You can count on my blood to be spilt with the rest of every other man & woman who died for it if it ever gets that bad in my lifetime- I aint gonna die in no `ing camp...

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i admire your attitude.. in my efforts at encouraging organization,,
an they are many,,ive seen nothing so far but people without the realizations you have..its all at stake..i have to believe that gun owners
are just to vested in the good life that they don t know ,,an won t believe its not just an issue of having our guns..my efforts have been on forums and here locally..i was never advocating an loose cannon organization ...but one totally committed to the 2nd ammendment an therefore the whole constitution .. i tried to encourage gun owners to just know phone numbers an have a loosely set up ,locally based organized
group of gun owners ,,so commited...this in every area ..in other words thousands of these little organizations all over the country..
thier responce has been to mourn what anti gunners are doing...but no commitment to get out that easy chair..
i encouraged methods of peace,as long as they didn t just go all out to eliminate gun ownership..vote ,,educate others on the potential full scale dangers..this and finally be ready if forced to .. to do whatever it takes to
preserve the 2nd..its sad but my final findings are that we are too spoiled by peace an the good life in this country to even consider ,,what i was advocating.. they ease away as one speaks of doing anything..i know men who have determined to send thier wifes an families away from the house an stand individually in thier home to the death..unfortunately thats not whats needed..once the laws etc are passed ,the individual ,,fighting ,,becomes nothing but what will be reported as a crazy radical ,who is easy pickings.. this my opinion ..slim

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have to say that a lot of this is coming across as pure paranoia.

"They" have been coming to take our guns for what, 20-30 years now? One would think they would have been knocking at the door already if thats really what they were after.

·
Registered
410 Posts
One man's paranoia is another's preparation. If you don't bounce these questions around in your mind or with people who's opinions you value then you may find youself mentally unprepared for what can happen. I'm sure there were some around in the 16 and 17 century that could not fathom such possibilities either.

jim

·
Super Moderator
13,246 Posts
The Gun control act of 1968 was 41 years ago, now. Before then you could by guns mail order. That's what L.H. Oswald did, and what got gun paranoia on the part of the ruling class started.

I was listening to Jamie Dupree on Neal Boortz a week or so back, and he commented that he'd never seen so little political will for more gun control in congress in his twenty years on the job. Apparently, in view of the possibility of the house changing majority party control next November, it is currently (pun intended) a kind of political third rail, like Social Security. There is no doubt the almost paranoid vigilance of the NRA and its ability to get its members to vote its recommendations is responsible for that. Plus, the SCOTUS decision in the McDonald case will come later next year and before the election. Few politicians want's to be shown lacking the prescience needed to be on the right side of that in a campaign year. It is a case of it being better to be quiet and unnoticed than loud and wrong.

As to the ones that watch, why, those would be the Men In Black. I saw the movie and Rip Torn said so. "We are them, we are they", or something close to that. On the other hand, my dad always likes to say that when you stop being paranoid, that's when they get you. I think that may be the attitude the NRA has taken?

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,986 Posts
The November issue of North American Hunter magazine had an interesting article about all the rumors and hand wringing on firearms control/confiscation that's rampant on the internet. Their recommendation - before anyone goes off half-cocked, they need to verify the information with a credible organization such as the NRA Legislative division. If they begin burying their elected representatives with bogus petitions, emails and letters, it will be the "crying wolf" syndrome and the representatives will begin ignoring everything related to the issue.

I agree that calm reasoning needs to be exerted. Wild claims of organizing militias and armed citizens groups is just what the control advocates are hoping for so they can point to such and strike fear in the hearts of the unarmed citizenry. Keep your firearms close, enjoy their use and be observant of control activities, but don't panic. Check your sources and be level headed about responses.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well wypatch ,,thats why im selling my centerfires .. remember the last post as time goes by..
we just paranoids :)or gonads or something..:) but thats the reason brother. slim
ps thats what i was waiting on,an what my minister advocated to me when he said.. don t worry tony the nra has that under full control..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Igrorance is bliss till it comes around and bites you in the ***. I hope your preacher reminded you it`s God who`s really in contol still. The things hap`in in this world today go way further than our gun rights. I hope you understand. How blameless are we. About gun laws, they dont need`em because if or when the time comes that this country is in marshal law they take`em(you might know that already). I dont think I could serve God that good if I was a big hole in the ground but I will protect me & mine. Would that make us insurgents? I cant tell the future but I see whats going on around me. The best thing to do is be ready for a rough ride... Some people just need to know the right things.

Slim, not everyone is ignorent. I dont think almost everyone would just turn in there high dollar guns like they did in Aust. and Eng. It would be civil war 2...

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
you preaching to the preacher ,,but please preach on brother ..i need set an hear it from somebody else some time..
god truely does work his ways ,,and is in control ..and i mean total control..
its nice to here a man willing to say what he thinks ..we are in agreement...
one thing.. sometimes you have to read between the lines,,in my post..thats all i probably ought say about that..except im not one to back off a fight if i see wrong being done..theres one going on right now ,but it s gonna have to go to the physical end ..primaryly because of men who think like my preacher..
but you tell it brother..we need more of your kind..
my preacher,,doesn t know,, but i viewed his words as total ignorance ..the kind that will
cause the minute men of this day to have to suffer..this my belief..they ll be some that will stand up an be counted
[many here that i know of] when the time comes..whether in the fight or in front of a firing squad..i just callem like i seeum. . keep talkin wypatch ,,im listening..im also listening for the gavel to fall from that good man ,,who just won t face reality..but we all have the right to our opinion an the right to express it,,agree with me or not..thats the strength of this country.. god bless you brother.. slim
ps history repeats itself continually..

·
Registered
22 Posts
All we can do is let them know, almost everyone I`m close to does but it`s up to them to take it for what its worth. Just remember that this war shall be one in the end but till then we find it and seek wise council for safty. Dont forget what it is we`re really fighting, not flesh & blood but true evil. It`s that demon sniper fire you gotta watch out for! ANYWERE you go in the WORLD you can see`em on the roof tops. Its our job to "counter" it with truth and love. That will alway`s be the one gun they cant take.

·
Banned
507 Posts
You can count on my blood to be spilt with the rest of every other man & woman who died for it if it ever gets that bad in my lifetime- I aint gonna die in no `ing camp...
Well I plan on spilling the blood and not die-ing in/or going to a f-ing camp either!!!

·
Banned
507 Posts

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
perhaps if it finally comes to that.. but make sure you don t kill the innocent or someone on your side..gents we talkin radical things.. we not organised an
what we speak of takes organization.. first to act as one civily..vote ,talkit to as many as you can ... let us not ourselves be doing the devils bidding..
then if we finally have an organised effort.. we can answer the call if the enemies to the constitution accomplish success at taking down or sidestepping the 2nd ammendment.. right now our efforts should be civil ...help the nra an other pro gun organizations all you can..let us not react hastily ,,but act with one purpose to try to avoid ,,ever having to harm anyone..
at the same time expect the best ..work all we can for the best.. and last but absolutely necessary ..if we finally have to act [not react] in an effective organised way..be ready with an planned defence of freedom...do whats needed if the worst does come...let us pray for guidance in these troubled times..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Slim 60, Wasn't the cop killer out on parole? Maybe a judge and an ADA should be held responsible? The judge and ADA in Dallas in 1968 let my assailant off with 3 years. He served ONE. MYGILA

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,465 Posts
this thread has NOTHING to do with tactical superiority, except mentioned in the first post.

Y'all better go and put on your tin foil hats now fellas.

Thread locked.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.