Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an extreme weather ss and the bolt stop is not poping back up when i release the bolt. so im gonna try and take the barrel and action out in hopes of it being something simpe. iv tooken out the bottom action screws out along with the bottom metal. according to my manuel i should next "gently lift the barel action from the stock" only problem is it doesnt seen to wanna ome out. i dont wanna force anything so im hoping some of you folks could offer me some advice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Set.the butt of the gun on the floor and let it lean into your hand with the tip of the stock to the inside. Gently tap the barrel with a dead blow hammer directly above the fore end tip. Push the barrel away from the stock with the tips of your fingers while tapping . It should pop right loose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just recently purchached a new Win Model 70 Super Grade and wanted to adjust the trigger pull, but for the life of me I couldn't get the barrel and action out of the stock. Came across the suggestion above and after purchasing a deadblow hammer and following Chrishatley's precise directions the barrel and action did indeed pop right apart from the stock. Thanks for the help.:D

·
Banned
605 Posts
DaveN26 - you DID remove the third action screw, right? Ahhhh, do the new M70's even HAVE the third screw? Sorry, dunno. +1 on what the other guys said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts