Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,215 Posts
Exactly what I need. I shoot steel and wallet groups are hard to carry.

I downloaded it and had no problem measuring the group by photo but never did figure out how to save what I did.
Three shots, 400 yards 2.08 in, .485MOA I'll take it.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
As it is a Windows product I won't be using it. Although I know there are several emulators for Linux OS's to run Windows software I just see no reason to support software that doesn't support Linux.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As it is a Windows product I won't be using it. Although I know there are several emulators for Linux OS's to run Windows software I just see no reason to support software that doesn't support Linux.
Your choice of course.

·
Premium Member
14,215 Posts
I just bought the program. It fascinates me and is extremely useful.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Fascinating. I use a program called Target Scan to score my rifle and pistol targets. It is especially useful for reporting for postal matches. It uses similar circle overlay and hole detection software. It scores a wide variety of targets from 10m Air pistol to 200yd Hi power.
Pete

·
Premium Member
14,215 Posts
This 'On Target' software has a companion program called On Target TDS that scores a whole bunch of targets automatically. The first thing I thought about was Postal Match scoring.

I talked to a good friend yesterday that is disabled and can't walk but shoots from his truck and drives to check targets. He downloaded the program while we talked on the phone and he was totally blown away and ecstatic and enthused that he can now measure groups on his steel plates by simply taking their picture.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Not a very good target but it will give you a sense of what the target scan software will do.
This is a summary of six five shot targets. The nasty four was, of course, the last shot.
In addition to score, it also provides details about windage (0.4mm>), elevation (5.9mm down arrow), mean radius (18.6mm) and max spread (80.9mm)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
I've been using OnTarget since version 1. It is very convenient. The TDS version has files of targets available to print that each have a code the software can recognize from a scan of the fired target. It then knows the location of the bull's-eye centers and finds the hole centers in them automatically. It can also overlap cumulative groups of multiple targets of the same file type. It used to cost $75, but the price was cut to $35 about two years ago, making it a bargain, IMHO.

Incidentally, I have used Photoshop's lens correction and perspective warp features to fix cell phone photos that appear warped. That makes the software measurements more precise. If you don't want to go through all that, just stand back far enough when you take the picture so the distortion becomes hard to distinguish. That used to be a problem because of the resolution loss, but these days a smartphone camera has so many pixels that it isn't usually a problem.

Reactions: MZ5
1 - 9 of 9 Posts