Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can get this scope fixed i call tasco they no parts and was very rude, i have this scope quit awhile and love it but now my crosshairs move when i turn the power ring any help?:mad:

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,978 Posts
Click on the "Sticky" at the top of this forum for just such information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
call tasco which is now own by bushnell,they said they never heard of this scope and would not have any parts to fix it. the women on phone was very rude and hung up on me,i was just telling her it a very good scope and just wanted it fixed and i would pay but she just hung up. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Worth it?

My brother asked me to find out how to send his Tasco EXP in for the warranty. (Simply because I have internet, not because I have a working knowledge of scopes. Haha!) I have found out that he'll have to pay $48 for them to look at it and tell him what's wrong. The scope was manufactured in April 2001 and the other info says H39X42/54LT. Is it worth it for this model or should he just invest in another scope?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I owned a number of Tasco scopes back in the 80s and early 90s. Their "lifetime warranty" was never honored. Every time one of them took a dump they wanted money to fix the scope under their warranty. Not too hard to figure out why they went bankrupt is it? I got rid of all of them and got better scopes for my guns. I've never once sent a good quality scope back to Leupold, Bushnell (for their top end scopes, not the cheap ones), or Nikon. Even they can go bad but it's not happened to me yet and I shoot a lot, both competition and hunting. Don't waste good money on bad by getting the Tasco repaired. All you'll end up with at best is a working scope that still isn't a good scope no matter how much you like it. If money is an issue, and it is for a lot of folks, get a mid priced Bushnell, Leupold, Burris, or Nikon and you'll certainly end up with a much better scope that will last you a lifetime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I relayed this to brother and he agreed that for the time, effort and $$, this scope isn't worth it. Into the trash it goes.
Thanks y'all for helping a girl out! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts