Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pretty good deal on a Taurus 941 - .22 Mag.

The guy had purchased it new last year, but the serial number shows it was built about 15 years ago.

Does that really happen? A gun sit on a shelf that long?

·
Registered
385 Posts
It's possible. I bought a shotgun for stock in my shop once on closeout from CDNN Investments. They must have gotten it from some other supplier closeout. It sat in my shop a couple of years. I finally sold it when selling out the inventory closing my shop. They guy who bought it called me at home a little over a year later complaining the warranty was no good because the manufacturer said it had not been built in over 10 years.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
Yea it can happen. A buddy of mine went to an old hardware store sale. The store had been closed for about 20 years and tied up in an estate lawsuit. They finally had an estate sale and were selling everything in the store at the 1970 prices that were marked. My buddy found two Browning A12 shotguns on a shelf marked $189. One was a Sweet 16 and the other a 20 guage. He immediately bought both..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old or not, I like it.

The first 98 rounds I put thru it all hit inside the circles at 7 yards....

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
I had one. The ammo costs about the same as a reloaded .223Rem. So I offed it and got the 9-shot LR version. Much more fun...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know, this one is fun, hold 8 rounds, and still packs a punch.

I don't think Taurus makes them anymore, that's fine with me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts