Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone loading .45 Long Colt cartridges with heavy (300 or more grain) BTB bullets SPECIFICALLY for the Taurus Judge. My Judge has the cylinder which takes only 2 1/2" .410 shotshells and I am looking for a fairly powerful .45 Colt load that my Judge will be strong enough to handle. This is NOT a lightweight frame Judge. Any test proven data out there????

·
Inactive
2,046 Posts
The online owner's manual for the Judge I looked at said "255 grain at 900 fps" - so at least for the Judge manual I looked at it was standard SAAMI Spec 14 k psi. My Taurus 450 Total Titanium in .45 Colt says for sure it is "+P" rated. Even so I would never go above 20 k psi with it. I would check your owner's manual. Even if your's is "+P" rated it sure ain't no Ruger Redhawk. I doubt you can shoot "really powerful" loads in the Judge. But the question is what can't you do with a 255 grain bullet at 900 fps. It will shoot through most critters either four legged or two.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.