Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the gun i'm interested in the Taurus PT92 9mm , does anyone own one, or has anyone fired one before?? I'm looking for all thoughts, and opionions. Thanks again, ShawnS in ICE COLD BUFFALO, - 2 today, tommarrow gonna be a heat wave, + 20 lololol:) :D :confused:

·
Banned
57 Posts
my wife loves hers

I bought one for christmas,and have about 1,000 rounds through it with no problems.very accurate pistol,and fits my hand well.dissembles easily,and with a lifetime warranty,I feel confident shooting the taurus.I like it so much I bought the pt 945 this evening.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,465 Posts
I used to have a pt92 years ago. It had a polished aluminum frame , stainless slide and a chromed bbl. I called it the "pimp's gun". It shot alright, but never great. I eventually sold it, and got out of 9mm completely.
Just recently however, I came across a Beretta 92fs with night sights that was a NY state trooper trade-in when they went to the Glocks.
The Taurus is a good gun, as are all their firearms, I guess it's just what are you going to use it for. The whole 92 design is really a combat based weapon, really having it's roots with the military. Beretta does however make a target version of the 92.

;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
92 TAURUS

The Beretta's are worlds above the Taurus and in this area the Taurus is only $25-50 less. Shoot both and the difference will astound you.

·
Banned
106 Posts
I've put about 5,000 rounds through mine - older one, no decocker, without a single problem. It's been more reliable than my SIG. I've shot it side by side with a friends Beretta 92 and didn't find the Beretta to be any better, it certainly wasn't any more accurate or reliable (both 100% reliable) and the Taurus has the safety where it's supposed to be on the frame not the slide. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had one of the satin nickel, stainless versions when they first came out back in the early nineties.

It shot ok, but didn't like certain JHPs - this may be fixed in the new ones.

For the money, the best 9mm buy out there is the CZ75, even if it does have the big ugly trigger guard (I have an earlier model with the smaller guard - I have shot several of the new ones and they are just as accurate).

These guns will out shoot Taurus and Beretta - for less than $400.

There are also plenty of 15 round mags available on the auction sights for reasonable money.

·
Banned
106 Posts
For the money, the best 9mm buy out there is the CZ75...
These guns will out shoot Taurus and Beretta - for less than $400.
That could be, I have a steel frame full size Witness 9mm that easily outshoots my Taurus as far as accuracy goes and was only $275 NIB. So far it's been 100% reliable, but I've only put several hundred rounds through it yet.

The CZ design is world famous for a reason.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I previously had a pair of the new CZ75b's that I bought for $700. I unfortunately had to sell them during my un-marriage.

I was able to find an older AA import after I got myself suared away again - for $350.

Here in NH you can have the CZ75b's for around $360 if you believe the ads on the gun auctions.

15-round mags are available for $20-$25.

My 75 is the best shooting auto I have ever handled (I've had Smiths, Sigs, Glocks, Taurus, Walthers et al).

For practice I like to shoot double-taps at two side-by-side targets at 25 feet, alternating two shots at each target.

The last time at the range I did this with three straight magazines and was able to put all 45 rounds within a 6 inch group on both targets.

If not for thr cold war, I truly believe the CZ would be the sidearm of the US military (it was not allowed to compete).

·
Banned
57 Posts
the cz's are very nice,except the black finish is rather plain looking.the taurus comes in nice stainless finish and the lifetime warranty is also a plus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts