Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one for you to help solve. Taurus sent this thru distributor to retail to point of sale. Taurus customer service has yet to answer repeated emails and v/m. The barrel is rifled and the way thru but no shroud or any other part. Just the barrel with two sides squared off as though tt insert into a wrench or other machine

Attachments

·
The Shadow
7,986 Posts
Please, choose an appropriate forum for the topic; rather than simply dumping in a zombie thread.

Thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
Lately, I was wondering whether Taurus ever managed to improve their quality control. I guess this answers that.
Ditto.
I haven't considered a Taurus since I was shopping for my 454 back in the late 90s. I was looking at the raging bull in 454 until the Gun Shop owner pulled out a magazine article showing the aftermath of a Raging Bull in 454 that fired "just" out of battery. The hammer was able to fall down and hit the primer even though the cylinder wasn't locked up in proper position and sent the 45 cal slug into the frame. The shooter was injured but not too bad, a bunch of stitches and missing chunks of flesh, but no loss of fingers... if I remember correctly
The Shop Owner suggested the Ruger and I never looked back, spending a few extra bucks was worth it.
I bet their autoloaders are fine (i do not own one), but ill never own one of their revolvers.

·
Premium Member
15,096 Posts
It's really confusing when its translated. Just a quote of the previous poster. Is this what the mods fight when they're not policing us. :) :)

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,224 Posts
It's really confusing when its translated. Just a quote of the previous poster. Is this what the mods fight when they're not policing us. :) :)
Yes, we're getting all kinds of miscreants showing up nowadays.

Not to worry, he's(?) gone.

RJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts