Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about buying a Taurus Tracker in 41. mag ss.  Does any one have any experience with this handgun, I would be using it as back up gun while hunting Deer, Blackbear and wildboar and for self defense while backpacking and fishing.
DSM

·
Banned
50 Posts
I have expereience with other taurus products and I give them a thumbs up. I haven't had any experience with the tracker, though. The 41mag, when loaded to where it should be, will more than do the job. doug

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
My Taurus experience is limited and mixed. A Model 85 snubbie .38 broke its firing pin under 250 rounds. A Model 66 .357 shot well and was reliable for the guy who owned it. Both guns are circa 1995 vintage. I believe the latter is more indicative of the breed than the former example. My only concern would be long-term durability in such a small and lightweight frame. It would probably be smart to consider it much like a K-frame .357: use lighter loads for most shooting, reserving full magnums for hunting or defense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Taurus Model 66 in 357 hasn't failed me yet.  I bought it back in the late 80's.  It'll digest all factory fodder and isn't as sensitive to primer seating as is my Dan Wesson Arms Model 715.  The Taurus is accurate and well built and well suited for your intensions.  I used mine in league shooting down in Texas for some years and used it as backup in the South Texas brush when deer and hog hunting.   I haven't tried their newer models, but I bet that one in 41 mag is strong.  I'm tempted to go check one out myself!  I'm 'bout due a new one in a different caliber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts