Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with sending guns back to them for warranty work? I got a Model 72 .22 wmr pump online and it was suppose to be NIB. When I got it the front site fell off. It looked like the dove tail was milled to big and they took a prick punch and tried to booger up the bottom of the site to get it to fit tighter in the slot. It didn't work. Then the spent casings where hanging up in the barrel so tight that the extractor was slipping past the rim. When i got them out the case was split so i guess the barrel was waddled out. I heard Taurus was suppose to have improved the quality of their guns but judging by this one they have not. My Brother got a .38 revolver from them 25 years ago brand new and the cylinder would not line up with the barrel right. If you stood off to one side or the other of the shooter you would get lead slivers in you. Its a nice looking gun and since they have a lifetime warranty I thought I would give them a second chance. Anyway I sent it off to Miami FL and they sent me back a letter saying they got it and it would take 5 to 6 weeks. The letter had a contact phone number with a work order number on it. Well its been over 6 weeks so I called them and the guy I talked to said they where real booked up and it was going to take longer than the usually 5-6 weeks, but he wouldn't give me a firm answer. Anybody have any experience with these guys? Its this normal? Anybody ever send a gun back to them? Heres a few pics of the gun. Its really a sweet rifle if it would work like its suppose to..

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
yea they send the guns back to you most times fixed .. i know ive sent several in toim ..jmo,, but i think thier agenda has changed some from when they were trying to put out guns of quality..remember thats my opinion.. no more important than anyone elses..but my smith 60,marlin 30 30,and marlin 60 , never broke in the first place..[not to say they won t ,but confidense is high]thats what i prefer as i don t want a gun i have to coddle..slim
ps..of the three i mentioned ,,the marlin 60 does require clean ammo,due to semi action ..not bulk remington,unless you clean it about every forth magazine full.i shoot dirty rem ammo in my bolt action an revolver..pretty passable accuracy, really..alas im down to memories as to shooting .. got old man shakes ..so why keepum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts