Shooters Forum banner

Tax Time

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Farrier Matt 
#1 ·
If you HAD to spend your tax refund on a new rig, what would it be?

#6 ·
Really must be nice getting a tax refund!! Oh well guess after all those years farming and paying little to no tax tends to spoil oneself. Then again someone has to pay for all the buyouts, bailouts, handouts and whatever other name those skeeming rascals in those vaulted halls dream up. The tourch has been passed.

#11 ·
Now I was just trying to get some people thinking what they would do w/ some extra money. No need to get personal by attacking my business, and claim I pay little to no taxes. New York State has some of the highest property and school taxes in this country, and I pay them, EVERY YEAR.

As far as "tends to spoil oneself", you dont know me, my business, or my situation. Take off your BLACK ROBE and enjoy this forum.

Sounds to me that you are more upset with our government, and our elected officials. If thats the case, then do something about it, either run for office yourself, or VOTE in November for the best canidate. I had no say in any of bailouts that our government proposed and carried out, yet you vent on here. Did you call either of your Senators? How about any of your Represenatives? They are the people who are responsible, yet i doubt any of them are checking these posts to see how their constituents feel. Why would they, this web sight is "Shooters Forum".

Alot of people are frustrated with this economy beside you and I. Instead of taking pot shots at other members on this forum, why dont we just sit back and enjoy it in the spirit it was ment for.

#10 ·
I'm with you hailstone. A refund would be nice. Making less money than ever and still have to pay. What hope and change, huh? If I had the money I would spend it on debt! What a novel idea, huh?
Greg

#12 ·
waz13,
Wooh hold on there boy. What hailstone and I were both referring to was that unfortuantely we have other priorities. No one sitting around passing judgement on you. You are so right, we don't have a clue what you do. The economy hasn't changed. It is just a fact that we don't produce much more in this country. Farming is one thing we still do in this country. We need it and love our farmers. Thanks to the politicians for that too. It is cheaper to manufacture out of the country. We just need to produce things here.
I have a tendency to think that hailstone being from the midwest was in farming. We would love to splurge. Wishful thinking. I believe that we would both love to feel secure in our 2nd amendment, that's all. At a time when more are attackiing it we relish in it. I would really like to get a Thompson 1927A1, an M1 Garand, a few more black rifles in 308. Oh, I forgot I sold all mine already, nudge, nudge, wink, wink!
Lighten up and enjoy life,
Greg

#14 ·
Hailstone and Rhino

Sorry guys for the heated post earlier. I took it personal, and responded to soon. I too am a farmer and know how tough it can be. Sorry for my quick reply, God bless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.