Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first time posting and new to the site. I am having an issue and I would like your opinion. I have a TC Encore (ProHunter) and I just upgraded my scope to a 6.5-20x50 Meopro HTR (got it on a ridiculous warranty deal by trading in my cabalas instinct scope). Anyways, I wanted to use this combo for long range because my brother-in-law has a 1000 yd rage that I can play around on. To use this scope on my gun I purchased and installed a 20 MOA rail/base. The scope only has 30 MOA of elevation adjustment keep in mind, but Meopta suggests the 20MOA base. Today I went and had the gun bore sighted at BassPro. The gentleman mounting the scope brought me back behind the counter to show me his findings. The scope ended up being maxed out of elevation and I am 2 MOA short of zero at 100 yrds. Now I haven't shot this combo on paper yet, but does anyone know what may be wrong? If I go back to a 0MOA base then I'm afraid that I will only have 8MOA elevation that I can go down. And I would prefer not to zero in at 200 yrds. Please let me know your thoughts and/or if I have options. Thank you!

-Will

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Will,

I would venture to say that the 20 moa base that you have is a Weaver style base - correct?

OPTION: Get yourself a set of Burris Signature Zee rings, the ones that use the nylon inserts. These will allow you 40 moa adjustments at 100 yds..

Optically center your scope, both windage and elevation, and use the nylon inserts to center your scope, as well as gain you some much needed elevation...

When shooting distance will be close, say 400 yards or less, you can sight in at 200 yards by using the inserts, and not have to adjust your scope more than 2" at that distance. This keeps the scope optically centered, allows for a clearer sight picture, and allows your scope to retain it's full windage and elevation adjustment capability...

Since you will be shooting long range, you should be able to get on target at 600+ yards without ever having to touch the scopes adjustments...

A

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Is the base on backwards? There's no cutout for the ejection port on a single shot and it could be the base was installed backwards. I'd look at that first. The "clerks" at the store don't have a clue what they're doing most of the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts