Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been researching my 94 here to find out a good asking price and what year it was made. It looks almost new and maybe never fired. The serial # is 273 332xxx ? I think its pretty small. Where can I find this info. It has pretty nice wood and bluing for a lower grade gun.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,110 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Shooter99.

Unfortunately, none of us are professional appraisers and would have no knowledge of just what the rifle is worth. Best to look at the various auction sites on the internet and see if you can find a similar rifle and what its bringing.

I'm going to modify your serial #, as it is a bad practice to list the whole number on the net. Never know who might see this and adversely use it.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
The Sears-marked Winchesters are all post-64, so I would put it between then (1964) and when Sears stopped selling gunns (about 15 years later).

If you inspect the innards, a stamped. sheetmetal cartridge lifter/carrier was used from 1964 through 1970, when a switch was made to a cast lifter (look for a long mold line, running down the center).

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

I believe the Sears Winchesters were serial numbered right along with regular production so 2.7 M would be around 1965,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts