Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not many people realize that Teddy Roosevelt was an accomplished author, among his many other achievements (ie squeezing in some time to be the President).

We are fortunate that some of his books are now available in reprints, few of us could afford the originals. While his writing isn't the easiest to follow, he has a keen eye toward detail. The books offer a very interesting perspective of the world roughly 100 years ago.

I have African Game Trails, The Wilderness Hunter, and Hunting Trips of a Ranchman (the last two titles in the same binding).

Great, great stuff. Keep an eye out for these.

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
I agree Mike. I've read African Game Trails and excerpts from other books. I just picked up a first copy, first edition of 'Through The Brazilian Wilderness' by TR. Published in 1920. It's in good condition, some patina on the pages, but binding is excellent and the pages are crisp and neat. Shoot, it still has the onion skin paper between photos. The cover is a little dirty, but well worth what I paid. I picked it up on Ebay for $8.00, that included s&h. I think my winning bid was $5. Keep an eye on ebay. There can be some really good deals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts