Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one for the moderators. Television is a media as well as magazines, books, and periodicals. Would I post there in regards to television? There is a wealth of knowledge televised daily, but I see little if anything shared in regards to the small screen.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,914 Posts
Comments about TV shows, especially hunting shows, have been posted in the General Discussion forum previously. Limit any posting to hunting or firearms related items only.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
cvc944
I just spent 5 minutes thinking about the "vast store of knowledge" available to us.
I'm not doing too well.Most gun oriented information that I see on TY is negative.Please give me some examples of positive information.
thanks,
Frank

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
I get Versus here, as well as CNN that occasionally has some hunting. Too much bass fishing for my liking. One I enjoy the most is Larry Csonka's 'North To Alaska', which has hunting, fishing, and meal prep with Smoky Joe. A lot of the shows are entertaining. A few of them have way too much air time on 're-creating the trigger pull'; painful to watch. Maybe they need to fill air time.

Glad I don't have to have a trailing camera crew when I'm hunting, telling me when they are ready and it's OK to shoot!

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
You guys don't have camera crews?!
Not yet! Not famous and successful enough...yet! Would have to be a paycheck associated with that. Even then, can't think of too many kills that had enough time to be camera-conducive. Guess that's why there are so many re-runs.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
yep i m not much of a believer in canned hunts..but some of it is not canned hunts.. especially the long shooting in some way off mountain slope...to get that on film takes more know how than ive got..
it must cost very much to get a successful hunt on tape or what ever.
so i even watch the advertisements ,just to show respect for getting to see it in my living room..
now that don t mean im ever going to take a long shot in the wind like they do.i don t even understand how they can do that..not without maiming several animals ,, before i got a kill shot on whatever it is...
heck who am i kidding.. at a half mile any animal is pretty safe from even getting wounded/:)..the chance of wounding him is not even enough to be called a small chance..but what if i did and had to sleep with the fact
id even taken the shot..
now war is a different thing ..the object there is to decrease the enemies ability to harm any of my our troops.... so if i hit him in the leg i would have done the job succesfully..slim
ps.. i believe it was isenhour that said ,, to wound the enemy takes 2 to 3 men out of the oppositions ranks,,carrying the wounded soldier..

·
Registered
409 Posts
If I watch TV the first thing I generally look for is an outdoor program usually shooting or hunting related. Versus is the only one I really have. The thing that bothers me most is the hunting shows that are obviously scripted, and they stick out like a sore thumb!

·
Registered
46 Posts
"History of the Gun" , "Future Weapons", "Shoot Out", "Modern Marvels" are all some of my favorite shows that many times deal with guns. "Modern Marvels" has many different thing but sometimes they have episodes that deal with all types of weapons from ancient to futuristic. "How Its Made" some times has episodes that show how guns and ammo are made.

·
Registered
556 Posts
History Channel

The firearms programs put on by the History Channel are usualy excellent. The Gunny has had some decent shows about firearms. Take care...
Oberndorf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts