Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Inactive account
585 Posts
I'd take it over a .25-06 or .270 Win any day of the week. No questions asked, its a far better cartridge, and more efficient.

Accuracy is great in any that I have seen. So please, don't let anyone talk you into a .30-06 or any of it's offspring.
Tang,
Not to take anything from the 7mm08 as it is a fine cartridge, BUT, I'd like to know what criteria make it a far better cartridge than a .270 or .25-06? Aside from your own illogical disdain for the 06 that is... Also, you'll have to forgive me if I dont buy efficiency being the major selling point from a guy that wont touch something unless it has MAGNUM ( or now ULTRA MAGNUM) stamped on the barrel.

To the OP,
Im not here to talk you into buying anything as its your money. The 7mm08 will do everything you need it to most likely. But a .270, a .25-06, or about 20 other cartridges will do it too. All I'll say about it is dont let someone else talk you out of considering something else because they like to sh*t all over the case its based off of.

·
Inactive account
585 Posts
I’ve not argued that the 7mm08 is not efficient. It most certainly is. I can read and quote a reloading manual or other resources just as well as you. I simply stated that coming from someone who has a history of touting magnums as the be all end all in the cartridge world that any importance placed on the comparison between the efficiency of an ’06 based cartridge vs. a .308 based cartridge should be taken with several grains of salt.
Im also still waiting on an answer as to how the 7mm08 is “no questions asked, a better cartridge”.

·
Inactive account
585 Posts
My intent was also not to hijack the thread either, so my apologies to the OP in that regard. I’ll leave the post after this. <O:p</O:p

I guess if we are going to measure firearms knowledge based on something as trivial as the number of posts one has I’ll admit to being a novice and submit that we should all bow to Tang and his wealth of information (2419 posts and every one of them indispensible to be sure). I guess in the time I have been here I’ve chosen to keep my mouth shut while others choose to run theirs. It really would be silly for anyone to take any advice from someone such as myself who does own (or has owned) rifles chambered in .260 Rem, 7mm08, .308, .25-06, .270, ,30-06, and .35 Whelen. ESPECIALLY when someone who owns/shoots a 7mm Rem Mag, .300 Win Mag, .338 Win mag, and a .300 RUM is here to tell you everything you need to know about anything based off a .308 or .30-06 case!<O:p</O:p

Tang, I trust you know how to use the PM if anything further needs to be said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.