Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This election year one of the important issues on the ballot in Tennessee is an amendment to the state's constitution giving Tennessee residents the RIGHT to hunt and fish. In Tennessee changes/additions to our state's constitution require more than 50% to vote yes on the issue. This means that over 50% of the Tennesseeans who vote in the Gubernatorial election must vote yes. A non vote is like a no vote. In other words, if 1,000,000 people vote in Tennessee's gubernatorial election at least 500,001 must vote yes for the amendment to pass.

Please exercise your right to vote on this and all other important issues this year! In Tennessee some early voting has already begun.

PLEASE VOTE! Many have died to give American citizens the right to control who is in office, please do not let apathy decide who gets elected, when you have the right to vote and help control what happens. Please do so!

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,657 Posts
Best of luck and hope you get it through.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sir!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I must admit, I dont completely understand your description. If it does pass it will give us the right to hunt and fish or it will take away out right?

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must admit, I dont completely understand your description. If it does pass it will give us the right to hunt and fish or it will take away out right?
It will PROTECT the right(s) to hunt and fish. In other words, when passed those rights cannot be taken away short of another change to the state's constitution.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,113 Posts
Good luck to you folks in Tennessee. We have Ballot Proposition #109 next month that will to the same here in Arizona. It should pass with an overwhelming majority.

BTW - the NRA was the chief writer and lobbiest to get this on the ballot. Kudos to the NRA for the support.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm gonna try and vote early. I like to get it out of the way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll certainly be at the polls, along with the rest of my registered family. I wonder if I can get my grand kids to vote, ages 2 thru 6.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll certainly be at the polls, along with the rest of my registered family. I wonder if I can get my grand kids to vote, ages 2 thru 6.
Likely not! But, you can get them a lifetime license like my 4 & 6 yr old Grands have, for $200. !!:D:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Count me in! Too bad they didnt have the lifetime license when I that young prolly
would have been 30 dollars.

·
Registered
931 Posts
...BTW - the NRA was the chief writer and lobbiest to get this on the ballot. Kudos to the NRA for the support.
I guess I'm a pessimist, but I wish they never would have put this on the ballet. If it passes, that's good, but if it fails, then people can turn it around and say we DON'T have the right to hunt and fish. I wish we'd have left it alone...in Uncle Ted's words (paraphrased) we don't need the government to tell us what should be obvious. The government can't give us something we've always had.

At any rate, I'm doing my early voting Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
We had a similar ballot measure a few years ago. It passed with a 91% Yes vote. Good luck though!

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd like to try and clarify a bit more what this particular amendment will do for the hunters and fishermen of Tennessee. We, at this time, do not have the "Right" to hunt and fish within the state of Tennessee. We have the privileges granted to us by the state and it's government now (similar to the privilege, not right, to drive). Those privileges can/could be taken away from us by a court's decision or governmental decree. If, rather, WHEN the votes are counted and we have a new amendment to our state's constitution, we cannot lose the rights to hunt or fish, except perhaps by voters voting a dissenting amendment to the state's constitution. In other words, there is no bad point to this amendment's passing. Pretty much it's win, win for hunters and fisherman.

My vote was cast today. I hope all members make a point to vote in their local and state elections this year.

Thanks!

·
36,657 Posts
Did you get the pig in your profile pic registered to vote too???? Hey, if dead people can get registered.... why not! :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
WOW ,, that's some pretty shady crapp to me,,,, Since when did it become a priviledge to hunt anyway? I thought the bible quoted thousands of years ago that God gave us the right to hunt, fish and eat everything that He provided here on earth... Go figure someone gave the government the rights to change that as well...whatever happened to the Law of Neccessity anyway?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
It is true that God built this Earth for us, but some governmental power grabbers have decided they are smarter and can do a better job.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Did you get the pig in your profile pic registered to vote too???? Hey, if dead people can get registered.... why not! :p
I didn't get him registered, he used to live in Georgia, so he wasn't eligible! LOL

·
36,657 Posts
He can probably vote in Chicago, then - no problem!

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This election year one of the important issues on the ballot in Tennessee is an amendment to the state's constitution giving Tennessee residents the RIGHT to hunt and fish. In Tennessee changes/additions to our state's constitution require more than 50% to vote yes on the issue. This means that over 50% of the Tennesseeans who vote in the Gubernatorial election must vote yes. A non vote is like a no vote. In other words, if 1,000,000 people vote in Tennessee's gubernatorial election at least 500,001 must vote yes for the amendment to pass.

Please exercise your right to vote on this and all other important issues this year! In Tennessee some early voting has already begun.

PLEASE VOTE! Many have died to give American citizens the right to control who is in office, please do not let apathy decide who gets elected, when you have the right to vote and help control what happens. Please do so!

Update after the election results:

The last results I saw late last night before going to bed was that the Amendment had gotten a 90% approval. I know some other states had similar items on their ballots and I hope the hunters and fishermen in them were as successful!!:D:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts