Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to thank the involved parties for the information on fireforming 375 Winchester brass from 30-30.  Been using 5.0 grains of red dot and cream of wheat with a few drops of candle wax on top.  I have done several dozen and had only two failures, but these cases were questionable from the start.  Loaded some 250 gr. cast bullets in these with IMR 3031.  They shoot as good as any other load I have tried in this rifle.

·
Registered
306 Posts
TedH, funny note on fire forming using cream of wheat, was making cases for my 338/06 and the guy next door accuses me of shooting birds, explained to him I was Heating the Cream Of  Wheat  to feed the birds and he said OH OK,
P.S. he a non-shooter, tree hugger, but it was ok to feed the birds warmed up C-O-W, guess it takes all kinds. (he's since moved).

Gun Runner

·
Banned
556 Posts
I've always wondered whether the answer to the "why is the .375win shorter than the 38-55?" question wasn't related to production simplicity.

The case length of the formed 30-30 seems to be the same as the straight/base case .375.  Was the length of the .375 win decided on this production efficiency (use of the 30-30 base case)?  

Charlie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts