Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had purchased an RX-IV Rangefinder, the neat-looking Boone & Crockett model. Everything worked fine during my range sessions this past summer. I shot a bunch during the fall, so just before hunting season, I decided to change the battery. As the battery cover was difficult to turn, I pulled out a quarter to guve me more torque. Imagine my dismay when the whole battery magazine began turning, twisting the wires and making the unit inoperable.

I packaged it up and sent it to Leupold with a letter. Those folks never disappoint. It was returned in about two weeks time - completely fixed at no charge. I WISH THEY MADE AUTOMOBILES!!!!:)

·
Registered
11,924 Posts
I had purchased an RX-IV Rangefinder, the neat-looking Boone & Crockett model. Everything worked fine during my range sessions this past summer. I shot a bunch during the fall, so just before hunting season, I decided to change the battery. As the battery cover was difficult to turn, I pulled out a quarter to guve me more torque. Imagine my dismay when the whole battery magazine began turning, twisting the wires and making the unit inoperable.

I packaged it up and sent it to Leupold with a letter. Those folks never disappoint. It was returned in about two weeks time - completely fixed at no charge. I WISH THEY MADE AUTOMOBILES!!!!:)
Isn't that the truth! I love their no BS warranties.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Good for you and good for Leupold. It seems they haven't forgotten what customer service is. I have one of those range finders and have been pleased with it as I have all of my other Leupold products. Although, I think Leupold scopes are a little on the pricey side I still gravitate toward them when I need a new set of glass and I will continue to do so, in part due to all the positive customer relations I read about. Luckily, I have never needed to use the warranty on any of their products I own but if I ever do I feel they will take care of it without any hassle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts