Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Bill for more great information on the 44 magnum!

Bill's been kind enough to share his knowledge with me in the recent past and now there's something for everyone to learn from. If you haven't read it yet, check it out.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Yes indeed,

Good solid information that will benefit many!   This is just a taste of the excellent data Bill has put together over the years.   He has shared with me most of his .44 data in the past, and it is very well documented, solid information that anyone can be confident of applying!

Thanks Bill!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Most excellent work! I can see now that I was not getting the 1200/1300'/" I thought I was from my favorite 14 grs of AA5! Looking at the results I'd better go to the barn and check my freezer to see if those deer and hogs are really dead? My load is certainly not one to go berry picking with! I do see some interesting things showing up...the significance of muzzle pressure. For those of you who like recoil, there is a relationship to muzzle pressure and recoil. For your information, I suggest reading Dan Scovil's article.."The Significance of Muzzle Pressure" Handloader Magizine Sept-Oct 1986 #123. I suppose, after all is said and done, I don't belong in this Avant Garde of today's pistol shooters. It is sad to learn that Elmer really didn't know what he was talking about years ago when he said a 250 gr cast bullet @ 1200'/" in the .44 Special and 1400'/" in the .44 Mag was the best all around game load.
Best Regards, James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts