Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you are within driving distance (or otherwise) from Old Town, Florida...I would like to extend an invitation to our Thanksgiving get-together down here in The Hammock. Plenty of camping room...tents, etc here. Last year we had 23 in for Wed. to Sun. night. Plenty of Mustard Fried Venison, pork and Lizard Grande! Last year Little Hank spent 2 1/2 hours frying fresh fish and hushpuppies for the crowd! Some went to the swamps, some on the river,some to the gun range, and some just hung around the Hammock talking guns, etc. This year my cousin is bringing up his off shore boat. So....If you can head this way, we will show you some real Southern hospitality!
Best Regards, James

(Edited by James Gates at 9:15 am on June 8, 2001)

·
Registered
133 Posts
James, based on my work schedule (we have a target date of November of this year), Mrs. Southpaw & I would like to join you, your family and friends over Thanksgiving.  I think it would be great to meet and talk in person to some of the people whom I've met and learned so much from since I joined the forum.

God bless and thanks,

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hey Southpaw,

Where do you call home in Maryland?  I live in Hershey Pa now but was mostly raised in Annapolis.

God bless..............  Bill M

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Indeed, Sir!....You and your wife (and kids, if any) are most welcome. You will see my email listed and we can plan, as your schedule allows), for the get-together. I know this seems early to begin plans here in the Hammock, however I want to see everyone enjoy the thing.  I will say that if is a very laid back affair! Many have never seen the more remote places down here.
Looking forward to hearing from you. Best Regards, James

·
Beartooth Regular
2,160 Posts
James,
     Thanks for the invite! I sure wish I could come but I live ALMOST as far away as you can get in the contiguous U.S. (North Idaho- I'm practically neighbors with BTB, though I didn't know it until recently). You sound like an amazing person and one I would like to meet! Maybe some time.
         I grew up in Delaware and have been to Florida on vacation, though it has been many years now. Great wildlife- the gators and the hogs were awesome! Have great fun at your fandango!              ID

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ID...Thank You for the kind words, however the only thing amazing is the great cross section of people on this Forum!
Yes, Florida (or should I say Old Florida) is an unusual state, to say the least. We have two bloodlines on out hogs, Spanish and Russian, that makes into some exciting hunting. These bloodlines are not seen in the hill country where the feral hogs are. That's good since most hunters are not prepared to face up to one of them. I feel that pound for pound these hogs are up there with the most dangerous animals alive. Over the past twelve months there have been as many reports of hunters getting cut up bad. In all cases it has been a matter of too little a gun or a gun too big to handle properly. In most cases a handgun was involved. Hunting these big hogs, deep in the swamps on oak islands, with handguns is my group main forte.
Best Regards, James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts