Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering dusting off one of my model 10's (I've got three for some reason) for a knockin' around gun. just something to keep on my side when roamin' in the sand and sagebrush. I won't cringe if one of these guns takes a spill or gets chewed on by torns. Anyone have any loads for the 160 FN that won't breath fire out of a 4 inch barrel or stories about your experience using the 38 on small game?

·
Beartooth Regular
1,177 Posts
MT,

I've got some LBT OWC's in 358. They are 150 grs. Man are these things accurate in target loads. I'll bet they would be great on small game in the Special. They aren't gas checked.

If you want, e-mail me with your addy and I'll send you some to play with.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
MT....If you want to have some fun and make those .38's into "meat pot" guns try...3 #1 buckshot in a Speer shot capsule pysh by 5.5 grs of Unique @ 1058'/" Sometimes I vibe a little "grex" or flour around the buckshot.Push the loaded capsule down on the powder and grimp hard to tight. Try it, you'll like it!
Best Regards from The Hammock....James

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
MT

In your .38 Special with the 160g FNBB bullets try these, they have given great performance in everything I've fired them in.   The first is a nice mellow target type velocity load, the second is a stepped up +P load that has proven its performance over and over.

BTB .358"-160g FNBB/3.6g Red Dot/Any SPP/Any Brass

BTB .358"-160g FNBB/6.2g AA #5/WSPP/Any Brass/1050 fps

There are a whole host of other suitable loads,  I just tend to have the best results with that bullet and these listed.

Hope it helps you out!

By the way, those old Model 10's are great guns for pure fun!

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts