Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out this evening to blow off a little steam, and took my #1 in 45/70. I shot a variety of bullets, a 325 gr FNGC, a 390gr RFNGC, and some Speer 400's, they all shot minute of small rock, out to 100yds. I have a NECG peep sight, and a short factory front sight. I am working on being able to get off two accurate shots quickly, as this rifle screams to be hunted with, everytime I look at it, with it's beatiful walnut stock, and deep blue receiver and barrel. I want to use it for a nice grizzly/brown bear next spring or fall. I have toyed with the idea of putting a scope on it, but I don't think I could stand the look of it. I have decided to stick with a cast bullet between 400 and 500 grains, I have used a 472gr hammerhead style bullet cast by a friend who is a custom caster in Delta Junction (the Bull Shop), but it isn't as stable at long range as I would like, it was designed for close(100yds+-) up sledgehammer work. I just felt the need to share this with everyone, for some unkown reason.

Dave Beeman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts