Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who what to shoot the BTB .432" 325 gr LCMN GC bullets they have had to use the Ruger Redhawk...Now you have a round the will not only work in the SBH, but will fed like grease in the Marlin .44's!
Trim either .44 Mganum or .44 Special brass to 1.10" ans load the BTB .432" LCMN GC for an OAL of 1.707".
I'll leave the powder charge for you to work up.
Best Regards, James
PS...Marshall, your correct! I just couldn't resist it! jcg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi James,

Do you think the 325g will stabilize in the Marlin with a 1:38 twist Micro-Groove bbl pushed to about 1500fps?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Jack...You know this "Willie Wonka" thing started out as a fun run, but you know the more I fool with it, the more I see it will work. It's kinda like shooting .38 Specials in a .357 Mag or .44 Specials in a .44 Mag. Although the Willie Wonka case is short, that long bullet is in the chamber throat before it leaves the case and has good alignment. I just don't know about the Micro groove barrels, having no experience with them and hard cast. Maybe we can get some of the other team to come in on that. Give me your mailing address and I'll get Cissey to drop you a cylinder of bullets to load and try. I've been playing with 10 grs of AA5, but have not figured out a final load with that short case. There not much air space so all published loads for .44 Mag and that weight are too heavy.
Best Regards, James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts