Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance for letting firearms (in all forms) so impetuously interfere with our nations politics.

This Bill has just been introduced in Congress and has not been heard or voted on. It displays the boldness of the march in which (our "good friends" in Congress) are engaged. Of course, this is a Federal Bill, offered for the good and safety of all 50 States (which includes yours).

H.R. 5717
- requires a license to buy, acquire, or possess a firearm OR ammunition;
- raises minimum age to 21 (for all of above);
- requires background checks for private sales;
- LEA notification anytime background check results in denial;
- provides for seizure of firearms from those under an Order of Protection;
- restricts sale, importation, possession, manufacture, etc of semi-auto assault weapons and magazines, and same of ghost guns;
- makes "trafficking of firearms" a stand-alone offense;
- removes limitations on the civil liability of gun manufacturers; (!!)
- allows fed government to cite safety standards for firearms and components;
- makes a community violence prevention grant program;
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717

Again, it's just a Bill without hearing or argument....yet. Little by little, more and more are swayed and more become bolder.

Reactions: bsn and Trent12

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,083 Posts
Thanks, we need to keep an eye on our congress-critters at all times. Doubt this one will go far but it does show the attitude of some in congress.

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
It's less a matter of attitude than altitude; how far above the rest of us they think they are.

I've been reminded, recently re-reading Hatcher's Textbook of Pistols and Revolvers and Their Use, written in 1927, that gun controllers were active back then and making many of the same arguments they do today. I'm thinking the Spanish Flu epidemic may have caused some kind of DNA damage that persists in some family lines to this day.

Reactions: Darkker and bsn
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.