Shooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I like the one segment where one of the guys fires the single shot .460 Weatherby Magnum. The .460 really does kick that much! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would like to see some 5 shot groups from that rifle, probably be pretty tight after 3 or 4 shots when the shooter gets used to the trigger:D I doubt the last guy that was reduced to crawling away from the shooting bench on his hands and knees buys one any time soon.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Most of those guys were scared of the thing and weren't holding it firmly in the mistaken belief that it would be less punishing. I'm sure it's brutal, but to actually drop the weapon is just childish. There was only one guy that seemed to know how to hold it, and he was a big dude. Even he had to lay across the bench to get his wits about him afterwords. What is the purpose of a rifle you can't fire? How many folks could there be that could get a follow-up shot off on wounded dangerous game?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I believe that isnt the 460 Weatherby but the .577 T. Rex.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I believe that isnt the 460 Weatherby but the .577 T. Rex.
NOPE! I am uncertain which segment it is but the guy firing a single shot Ruger, is a .460 Weatherby. I am a member of Acurate loading forum and have viewed all the segments.:) The .577 T-Rex is the bolt action rifle being fired.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I also believe that the linked video is of the bolt-action .577 T. Rex.

Thanks for reminding me (though I didn't think I'd forgotten!) that I haven't the slightest interest in owning nor firing that gun! :)

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
That video is fun to watch, but I seriously doubt it would be "fun" to fire either of those shoulder-mounted artillery pieces! :eek:

As stated above, most of the gentlemen CLEARLY were not familiar with how to hold/fire a rifle of any kind, let alone something that powerful.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
that looks worse than when i opted to shoot 3 1/2 magnum out of my light mossbug pump 12 ga...no limb saver or nothing..
i let my oldest son shoot it an im not sure he s forgiven me yet..
he gave me a look of total betrayal..just walked off without saying anything much.. slim..
im sorry son:)..you had a right to be vexed at me..but you handled it better than i did..

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
what I would like to know, is where in the sam hill did they find all the ding-dongs ?? . ..gathering that many dummies together in one place all at the same time could cause a serious drain in that area's gene pool .....

people like that should not be allowed to handle anything more complicated than a 4 pound hammer......

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just couldn't believe that anyone would DROP a gun after firing it! I also couldn't believe how many of them just handed the gun off without opening the bolt and making sure it was clear....I sure DON'T want to use that range facility!

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
Well I suppose to some people that amount of recoil ( a whole lot!!!) is like getting hit with a hammer to the upper torso and having someone shock your body with 220 volts at the same time. Just my humble opinion folks. Now if you think that 577-T Rex is a bad one to puil the trigger on, you might want to see the 700 T-Rex in action or even the .585 Nyati, muzzle energy with a 750 grain Barnes bullet is 10,620 pounds, velocity is 2525 feet per second. The recoil in felt energy is 151-pounds. I was once told that Roy Vincent, a legend of a PH in Zim. who carries a .460 Wby cut off short, fired one and he walked around in a daze for 2 whole days. Now that is recoil my friends.:eek: :D :D

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Well I suppose to some people that amount of recoil ( a whole lot!!!) is like getting hit with a hammer to the upper torso and having someone shock your body with 220 volts at the same time. Just my humble opinion folks. Now if you think that 577-T Rex is a bad one to puil the trigger on, you might want to see the 700 T-Rex in action or even the .586 Niyati. I may have the spelling wrong but you get the idea. I was once told that Roy Vincent, a legend of a PH in Zim fired one and he walked around in a daze for 2 whole days. Now that is recoil my friends.:eek: :D :D
There's really no need for calibers of this size & recoil, to hunt anything on this planet.;)

·
Banned
43 Posts
OK, take a look at the people firing the weapon. Who thinks these guys have any real experience or skill with firearms? It's a video of a bunch of twits who have never shot anything but an AK or AR-15 or have just never shot anything at all. Not that I would ever want to shoot it but this video is really just showing you what happens when morons breed not that this is an uncontrolable round. Here is another video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FCY3_5Bg1M

Finally the last guy at around 2:30 actually knows what he is doing.

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
Berudd, yes it is a joke played on those that have no idea of what will happen when they pull that trigger! Now even if they see the guy before them pull the trigger on the rifle, someow their macho image takes over and they must fire that gun........Thus the big Bang!
While the little man with the big check book laughs himself to the floor. :eek::rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts