Shooters Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And he shall be like a tree planted by the streams of water, That bringeth forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also doth not wither; And whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
This isn't a wild tree, this is a planted tree. In the New American Standard Bible, it say's firmly planted. God makes the blessed man like a firmly planted tree. When you plant something you choose a good spot. You make sure the soil is good. It's going to get enough light. Last weekend I took my girls camping with me. We camped along a river. I couldn't believe the size of the trees that were growing there. Huge Douglas firs. The ones that were growing back away from the river wern't as big. The ones that got the steady supply of water were growing better. So it is with the blessed man. God is telling us that we will be like trees planted along side of a river. His Word will provide nourishment and encouragement. In times of drought those trees that are growing by the river will do fine. The ones growing away from the water will wilt from lack of water. In times of trial and suffering the man of God will continue to be blessed by the Lord. He will be sustained by the Word of God just as the tree is by the river. Just as a newborn child needs it's mothers milk, so we need the Word of God.

Now the Author contrasts the blessed man with the wicked. The wicked are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. The blessed man has eternity with Jesus Christ waiting for him. What about the wicked? His expectation will perish. His future is bleak. Isn't it odd how that the older you get, the faster time goes? I'll never forget the time I was at Niagra Falls. I was watching the water go over, thinking about life. You can stand right next to those falls. As I was standing there watching the water go over and crash below, I thought about life and death. As I was driving to the falls, I drove along Lake Erie. People were boating, swimming, doing all of the things people do on the lake. But you know, if you had turned the motor off on the boat and just let it drift, sooner or later the boat would have drifted to the falls. If you waited to long you wouldn't be able to get out. The water was moving so fast it would have just swept you along right over the edge. I stood there and watched the water cascade over the falls, thinking, how many people today went into the presence of God Almighty? All their lives they kept saying, some day I'll get right with God. Someday I'll start going to church, someday I"ll read the Bible. But they just kept drifting along. Everyone of us here can testify to the fact that the older you get, the faster time goes by. Some of you will wait to long, and just like the water going over the falls, you won't be able to get out, death will come quickly, and you will come into the presence of Jesus Christ unprepared. Don't wait, today is the day to make a decision for Christ.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts