Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh man, Oh Man. THere is a boat paddle 264 on gunbroker, haven't seen one of those in a little while.

I am sure I am not going to get it, but I placed a bid on my elusive Boat Paddle 264 today.

Even though I have already purchased my doner rifle for my 264 build.

I went with a blued Savage 110 in 300 win mag. Got it for just under 2 bills. Now I am trying to generate the cash to buy the barrel.

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Well, if you get it, you'll be rounding out your Win Mag collection? Good luck. Would be fun to play with, and in that relatively mild cartridge, that horrible stock won't be so objectionable!!:D

·
Registered
357 Posts
I went with a blued Savage 110 in 300 win mag. Got it for just under 2 bills. Now I am trying to generate the cash to buy the barrel.
That 7mm Mag is still available here although it's 279 and not the under 2 bills you lucked out on. I'm gonna go ahead and get it for my build. What barrel are you going with? I have decided on Shilen for mine, but now whether to go stainless or blued?!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That 7mm Mag is still available here although it's 279 and not the under 2 bills you lucked out on. I'm gonna go ahead and get it for my build. What barrel are you going with? I have decided on Shilen for mine, but now whether to go stainless or blued?!
I have not ordered it yet, but I believe I am going to order a shilen as well.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have not ordered it yet, but I believe I am going to order a shilen as well.
I have a Broughton 5C barrel in that diameter on my 6.5mm WSM. At the time I ordered it, that was the barrel that was dominating the 1000 yard competitions for 6.5mm bullets. They are claiming higher velocities with lower pressures. It has been good for me so far, although I still haven't had a lot of range time with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts