Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I am eating and feeding the family. This is my idea of fast food. I do know guy's that eat Grizzly meat. I prefer not to. When I killed my first bear in '89 I took the loins out of it and took them home.That was the only time I ate bear meat from one of our endeavors.That was a fall bear that was feeding on berries when killed and it never knew what ruined it's day, it just died very quickly. It smelled ok as I skinned it, in fact no bear I have ever been a part of had an odor to them. They smell a lot like my Chocolate Lab does when she gives me a hug. Very pleasant smelling. When the hide's come off it is a completly different story than looking at a moose carcass.The bear is very tightly muscled and extremely grainy and greasy.I am sure there are recipes to make it a culinary delight but try them on someone else, I am eating moose.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,406 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm.... good stuff, Moose, that is!

For those who haven't tried it, moose meat is fine eatin'. Which is probably a good thing, considering the amount of meat you end up with after pulling the trigger.

Now if I could just find a huntable population of moose in Texas.....

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
I would rather eat moose meat as elk, deer or beer. I don't think their is a better tasting meat out there and I have tasted several other types of animals as well including horse and zebra.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts