• Other

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, don't be scared, tell us about the 25 ACP you shoot! Another topic got me to wondering how many of you are "closet" shooters of this cartridge!

What are you shooting?

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ranch Dog's JA-25

My Jimenez Arms JA-25 holstered in a DeSantis Sting for pocket carry. I've been shooting this pistol for several years now and it has been a perfect performer. I've used it to introduce two women to semi-autos, women that would not have picked up anything larger, and they love shooting it. Fact is, once they start shooting they tend to burn up all my ammo! Once they shot it well, I quickly moved them up the chain of cartridges; 32 ACP, 380 Auto, 9mm Luger, 45 ACP without any problems.

I reload this caliber and cast bullets for it.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
i have one that i carried for years .. but its not listed ..titan .. no way its rnd was going around a skull. i bought it from a person who needed 50 bucks.. iwasn t interested .. then i put 2 rnds through a heavy 55 gal metal drum..those rnds would not have went around anyones skull.. if that im sure.. so carried it as an [ im dn ,hurt an he s look likes he intends to beat me to death] ,,insurance policy.
any scrapper must know he ll meet his match ...if he don t ,he shouldn t be willing to mix it up..
a quiet friend of mine an i mixed up one night.. i found out [quiet kenneth] had anvils in his hands..
he never let on he was carrying that type arsenal..he proved for me that day that i could take anybodies punch ..
more times than i care to remember.. but i do remember..grin.. dang good as gold fella ,,ken was..i never kept a gun to settle a fist fight..win some lose some. just leave it at that.jmoslim
ps watch that little jeminez safety plastic dohicky.. broke the one on my jeminez 22 the other night.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I have another "Other". Mine is a Mauser 1914, complete with Nazi proofmarks and DWM stampings. These little "pocket pistols" were given to submariners and ship captains along with very high ranking officers that would not normally carry a fighting gun. I also have the same gun in .32ACP, although its in a bit worse condition.

·
Banned
426 Posts
I had one,now...I know the wifes got it, they are all hers. I would take a Berretta or Browning, until Ruger makes one!LOL

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a hard enough time finding my 45 ACP brass after an outdoor range session.
I cann't imagine what it would be like to search for 25's to reload.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Bryco (Jennings) has not failed. Period. It is carried regularly in a Bianchi holster. Yes the empties are a little tough to spot and pick up but you get a trained eye after a "few". Will be reloading soon.
JEFF

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
The .25 is pretty pristine, I've shot it a few times, but not much since it is quite collectable. The .32 I shot quite a bit, but it developed a bulge in the chamber from modern ammunition being relatively hot. I need to find another barrel, but there are usually complete guns on Gunbroker for around $200 so I may just buy another gun.

·
Registered
574 Posts
It is not really mine, but my Dad has a .25 Raven that I have occasionally shot. I would feel marginally safer firing it at a bad guy than I would throwing it at him. You can only use three fingers to hold it and at 15 feet I can usually put all the rounds on a paper plate (but not always)

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My "other" is a Mauser Model 1910.
I don't shoot it now,but did carry it for about 20 years;hunting and hiking the Catskills and Adirondaks.
I traded it to the Grandson of the origional German owner;for a S&W J model 38special.
I knew that it was an unfair swap,but Old Gus would be happy that it was back in the Family.
Frank

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I guess mine is also a 1910, the .32 is the 1914.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Mike,

I'm not shooting the .25 ACP at present but in the past did have a electroless nickled FN Baby Browning that never malfunctioned. My other one was a chromed Davis Derringer in .25 ACP, that one cost me $25 when I wanted something small and lightweight when running (at the time 6min miles). That one fall apart when my sister was shooting it. Chaulk me up also for owning a Mauser 1914 in .32 ACP, didn't load it as hot as my CZ50s.

CD

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Combat Diver, great to hear from you and I pray for your safety! In my early years, I ran that distance a couple of times a week and that is were my 25 ACP protected me in harms way. When four gang bangers jump you while you are jogging, there is only one thing they want, your life. Doom on them and I still treasure the shock they displayed when they realized that I was presenting and engaging them with a holstered semi-auto weapon despite only wearing jogging apparel! Everything has it's place!

That running is overrated, I'm sure it is needed now for your readiness but you do pay a price in later years :cool: My knees are shot although MikeG and I went hog hunting a few days after some major surgery a couple years back!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
My Pheonix Arms is deadly accurate out to about 5 ft. The 8+ pound trigger and pot metal barrell with no rifling left add to this stunning accuracy, it is fairly relible though.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,122 Posts
Combat Diver, great to hear from you and I pray for your safety! In my early years, I ran that distance a couple of times a week and that is were my 25 ACP protected me in harms way. When four gang bangers jump you while you are jogging, there is only one thing they want, your life. Doom on them and I still treasure the shock they displayed when they realized that I was presenting and engaging them with a holstered semi-auto weapon despite only wearing jogging apparel! Everything has it's place!

That running is overrated, I'm sure it is needed now for your readiness but you do pay a price in later years :cool: My knees are shot although MikeG and I went hog hunting a few days after some major surgery a couple years back!
Yeah I remember dragging that hog uphill - next time shoot them closer to the truck!

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,122 Posts
That's a great picture. As I recall your doctor wasn't too happy about the situation, either!

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a great picture. As I recall your doctor wasn't too happy about the situation, either!
Yeah, he fired me. I didn't think a doctor could fire a patient but he did. Told me not to come back under any circumstances. I wore him down though as he did operate on my other shoulder when I blew it up. I carried a $1000 with me to the hospital and while I was in prep I showed him the bills and said it would be his if he could make the incision look like a lightning bolt! He just grinned and said "you never stop do you!" Heck, I was serious! I was left with a ragged cut... hack!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts