Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I have posted a comment on my Firest "Range Day" with the Converted Ruger Standard
Auto Pistol on the Older "The .25 ACP" thread.
Summary is "I Am Pleased" with its Performance to date.
Chev. William

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
This weekend I worked on the Magazine tooling and first prototype part.
The piece looks like i got the angles right an may feed when I get a follower
and a full length body made.

See "The .25 ACP" thread.
Chev. William

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have to laugh at the first experience I had regarding the 25 acp. My brother and I were in a local mom and pop sporting good store waiting for the lady behind the counter to help us. We were waiting on a guy standing at the counter asking questions about the .25 auto he was about to buy. Being frustrated by the line that was rapidly growing, another customer standing further back in the line spoke up, "If you buy that little pistol you will have to file the front sight off!" Curious as to his comment, we all, including the buyer, turned to listen what he had to say. "That's so when you shoot someone and he takes it from you and sticks it up your behind, it won't hurt so bad pulling it back out!" I guess that didn't stop me from eventually buying one, in fact at one time I owned three. The one remaining is a Baby Browning which shoots really sweet - and no, I haven't filed off the front sight!

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
July 2019:
On the 1st I dropped off eight donor magazine bodies at the Wire EDM shop to be cut.
On the 3rd I picked up the cut bodies fo ra total cost of $200 for the work, which is $100 less than the estimate.

Next is to get the parts welded into four long bodies to fit my .25ACP RugerStandard Auto MKII Pistol.

Have a Happy And safe July 4th Holiday All!!!

Chev. William

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
My Converted .25ACP Ruger Standard Auto MKII Pistol is decidedly NOT a "Pocket Pistol" as as I understand them. it has a 8-1/8 inch long barrel, measured from breech face to muzzle, and a full hand length grip area.
But it was NOT Intended to be carried 'concealed', it is intended for a holster or gun bag carry.
Making a magazine to fit it is turning out to be a series of delays followed by waiting periods.

Chev. William

·
Super Moderator
9,425 Posts
GLad you posted that picture....was also one of the very few pistols chambered for the .22Long.Was easier than making a .22shortmag,and the grip length wasn't large enough for .22LR,so they made some in .22Long.

.25acp was the much better choice.

·
Registered
Have owned and shot over 2500 different firearms including Blackpowder, Antiques, & Modern.
174 Posts
This is not mine, found on another forum, but here is the ultimate .25 ACP aka 6.35MM. A pre-war 6.35mm PPK Value around $8,000 to $10,000 IF you can find one for sale. The PP models go for $10,000 to $13,000 as only 400 were made between 1932-1936. Shown as an example only, this pistol was deactivated shortly after the war by welding its muzzle shut and the sear under the grip. This pistol suffered from severe storage neglect after its deactivation but with careful cleaning it’s much better. An excellent .25 ACP aka 6.35 PP from a different forum, is shown with correct holster.

Attachments

101 - 112 of 112 Posts