Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is consistently the most accurate long-range (100 yds and up) cast bullet of any design and calibre that you found in revolvers? Thinking of starting long range shooting and later silhouettes at local range. Thanks, Onty.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'd venture a guess that one of LBT's designs would fill that bill. I'd take a look at what Marshall has to offer in what ever caliber you're looking to shoot.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Onty,

It depends on what caliber you are looking at!

It goes something like this however by caliber.

.38/.357- 185g FNGC
.41 Mag - 250g LFNGC
.44 Mag - 290g LFNGC, 300g LMNGCDCG, 330g LFNGC
.45 Colt/Casull 300g LFNG, 340g LFNGC
.480 Ruger 355g LFNGC
.475 Linebaugh 420g LFNGC

That pretty well sums up the 100+ yard accurracy winners in our experiences and those reported of our customers.  If you want to play "way out there" with a handgun, it's great fun, and a challenge, but ringing the gong at 250 yards when it only appears as a dot, lost on the top of the front sight, that's some fun!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
Onty,

Marshall's suggestions are good ones, as always. Most of my 50+ yard handgunning has been done with the .357 and .44 Magnums. In my experience you'll want the heavy end of the bullet spectrum regardless of shape. For example, I found little difference between 180-grain JHP's and 175-grain Keiths in the .357 Magnum. Both were substantially better than 125-158 grain bullets beyond 100 yards.This dovetails pretty well with what Marshall suggests.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts