Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I stopped at a local gun shop, and while looking over all of the rifles that have been sitting there for months something new caught my eye. A Savage 99. As I reached for it I figured it was going to be another .300 or .303 Savage. As I read the tag I think my heart stopped it was a .358 Winchester. After checking it out I asked the owner what he needed to get for it, &#36300 was the answer. Well, that rifle is mine now. And, when we get some warm weather I'll shoot it some.
This is like a dream rifle for me. Now, I can stop fussing over reboring/rechambering/rebarreling all of these 7600's and such. Sean

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
LoneEagle,

With incredible luck like that, could you give me tonight's winning lottery numbers as well?

:wink:

A .358 Savage 99 for &#36300 is simply a steal and three quarters. Finding them is anything but easy but at that price... How is the condition?

And as you said, your search is over. It will do a super job for just about anything you wanted from your rebored Remington.

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill,

I looked it over pretty well (well good enough to know I wanted it) and I couldn't find anything cosmetically wrong with it. The finish was still good, no scratches or dings that I noticed. The muzzle still retained 98% of it's bluing and there was no damage to it. The wood was in really good shape and the bore, other than needing a couple of patches through it looked very good.

As my buddy and I looked it over the same thought came to both of us. Someone bought it, shot it a couple of times, and decided it was too much for them so it ended up in the closet.

I had to put it on lay-away to break the news to my wife, now I am trying to decide if tomorrow (Friday) I will go pick it up. I am not in too much of a hurry because with the weather here I may not get to shoot it for a while. Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts