Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's good to finally see a few after the dismal season around here.

Not like it was a couple years ago

Hopefully this winter will be another mild one and they can make a comeback.

RJ

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of elk RJ. Hope they make it back quickly after your horrendous winter kill last year.

And, shoot any wolves you see!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I hunted third season in area 55 this year. There was a snow a day or two before the season and it got the animals moving. This was actually one of the best seasons I've seen in that area for years. Sorry you didn't have as much luck further north. I like the pictures though.

·
11,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were serenading us last night. Sounded like they were in the yard they were so loud. It's pretty cool listening to them, lets you sharpen your cow-talk skills. When Spc. "Doc" RJ Jr. got up this morning he said that he about hit one in the driveway. (That was about 02:00)

We missed them last year. To the north of our "ranch" are 1000's of acres of wheatfields where they spend the early part of the winter.

RJ

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nice pictures RJ, always good to see herds in the winter. Great to have them so close to home.

BTW, Shawn are wolves still being sighted from the Highway over your way, or has that all changed with tags being issued?

·
11,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These were across the road from the house this afternoon when I got home from work.

If you turn up the sound after I shut up you can hear them, barely. But turn it back down before the end of the video, because I "narrate" some more :D

RJ

·
Banned
415 Posts
Awesome! I've never seen an elk (in the flesh)...or even an antelope, for that matter. Only things we have here are Mule and Whitetail deer, fox, and, of course, coyotes. I realize that bull you have the closeup of isn't exactly a monster, but he sure is gorgeous...I'm going to have to make a point of seeing a herd someday!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts