Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s so hard to find good digital Remington info. I have this gun I bought years ago, not new. It’s a 7mm wby mag. As I understand it, the only time they made that was in 1991 under the classic line. Here are few photos.

·
Beartooth Regular
2,172 Posts
Basically, the stock should tell you if it's a Classic. If it has the hinged floorplate, and no black forend cap, it's quite likely a classic.

·
The Shadow
7,938 Posts
May 1991 per the decode found in the sticky above this thread.
And per the sticky in the trading post Which you can read here, you might consider editing the complete serial number posted.

Welcome to the forum,

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I’ve heard it was one of the most collectible not solely based on # produced but on what was left after the collectors and Remington folks crazed with wby numbers got through with gobbling them up.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Nice rifle! I liked the Remington 700 Classic models. Shot one in 30-06 for years. Should you decide you don't like the caliber, please contact me.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
As I understand it, the only time they made that was in 1991 under the classic line.
Ah, yeah, the Good Old Days of Remington. Back before marketing and finance idiots drained the quality out of the company.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts