Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is all I saw while hunting yesterday, trying to hunt deer, hog or coyote.

Rifle season closed for fourteen days and will open back up in mid December. Only been a total of 1 1/2 days. Not been able to hunt much this year. Hope that changes for the second half of the season. I hope you enjoy the view from my ground blind.

Here is my wonderful comfortable chair and my AR as I began to set things up.

Now a the view I have around my blind.

Where I leave my 4 wheeler

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I didn't see anything during the daylight, either (I hunt around Natchez), almost all of Thanksgiving week. Near full moon, little cloud cover on most nights, and it being pretty warm (I hunted out of the tree stands wearing my t-shirt it was so hot) just meant they were moving after dark. My cousin got a nice 8-pt last Sunday though.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see anything during the daylight, either (I hunt around Natchez), almost all of Thanksgiving week. Near full moon, little cloud cover on most nights, and it being pretty warm (I hunted out of the tree stands wearing my t-shirt it was so hot) just meant they were moving after dark. My cousin got a nice 8-pt last Sunday though.
Hey, cool, sure hope I see one in second rifle season. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Saw nothing until the front moved in on Thanksgiving day - then a single, small buck that I let walk. Younger son shot a nice doe while I got soaked - said he saw 9 does/young 'uns before he got that shot.
Through the Thanksgiving week-end, I never even took the safety off on my rifle while both sons, mother, and mother's husband each shot one. At least I got to watch a couple of medium bucks ( 12 - 14 inch spreads ) spar a bit - they aren't shooters for us. Looking for does and larger bucks - lots of does, I hope.
Tallahatchie county just east of Charleston.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saw nothing until the front moved in on Thanksgiving day - then a single, small buck that I let walk. Younger son shot a nice doe while I got soaked - said he saw 9 does/young 'uns before he got that shot.
Through the Thanksgiving week-end, I never even took the safety off on my rifle while both sons, mother, and mother's husband each shot one. At least I got to watch a couple of medium bucks ( 12 - 14 inch spreads ) spar a bit - they aren't shooters for us. Looking for does and larger bucks - lots of does, I hope.
Tallahatchie county just east of Charleston.

Hey, that is good hunting for deer up there, nice country for deer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts