Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well nothing for me, but my Uncle got his branch antler tag filled. Not a huge bull, just a young 5 pt. I would have taken him as well. Of course I didn't have a branch antler tag... so I saw to huge bulls. The first a nice 5 pt, the second a huge 6 pt. Both together feeding along the north slope of a canyon, would have made for an easy stalk. Maybe next year I'll get drawn.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He shot from where he is sitting to the spot circled, that's 504 yards away. Not something we usually do, but it was late and he didn't realize it was that far. The next day as we were packing it out a guy showed up with a range finder, the rest is history as they say!
300 Weatherby, 180 grain Nosler handload.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chief Rid;
Actually that picture is from eastern Washington. The Lake Rimrock area. Lot's of Elk, you have to apply and get drawn for branch antler permits. Otherwise it's spikes only.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Joel B, Nice pictures, Congratulations to your uncle for a fine looking animal and shot.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Dad, me and Jim Conrad of Conrad Meadows fame. His Grandparents were homesteaders near Lake Rimrock and they have a meadow named after them, Conrad Meadows. Beautiful place.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another of Jacks Bull

This Bull was in the nastiest hole you ever did see. And steep, fortunately he expired in a spot were we could work on him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts