Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a .50 Hawken kit as my winter project to pass the dark days - snow or whatever else comes hither.

Everything checks out with a "light" assembly to make sure everything is fitting and present.

The double triggers - ""set trigger" has me stumped. The set doesn't seem to ride against anything or have any direct connection to the main trigger or other piece. it's little arm just goes up and down and touches nothing I can see would make it click or "set" .

I don't see how it "sets" anything and for now doesn't function.

Is there a trick I'm missing? It just doesn't do anything but flap up and down.

I can post close up photos (I'm new so I'm assuming there is a way to post images) of the assembly but @!*&%%$$$!! Ticked off!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
There should be a small screw between the two triggers adjust it in or out till things feel correctly. I would not do a preliminary assembly too lightly, there is a lot pressure against the parts. Both the trigger assembly and lock assembly must be installed in the stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG ! Got it

Thanks guys! You gave me the clue I needed!!

You have to pull on that sucker pretty firmly and then it clicks.

I am so happy!

It almost appears that internally there really isn't any relationship between the parts at all but with firm pressure and sure enough they engage! "Click!"

#2 Question.

The fore end barrel retention pin (brass). Those two disks which form the slot thru - should they be flush in the stock?

The factory holes are too small for the hardware. Every other cut provided in the stock is 100% accurate and a beautiful fit so why these aren't even close is a bit of a mystery.

I'm up for flush mounting (just enhances the task) but just wondering if stylistically these were flush in the original.

I'll go to the range at the Izaak Walton in Fairfax and hope to see a finished one there and it's owner. He's there from time to time.

Thanks - much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts