Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new around here and thought I'd say hello. I've already asked a few questions in the levergun forums here and have gotten some great advise from some pretty knowledgeable guys (well, not too sure about the "pretty" part ;) ). It's great to be able have access to all this experience. I sure appreciate it.

I grew up hunting and shooting...but recently took up bowhunting, and that seems to be the only hunting I do anymore....although I do love to squirrel hunt with my grandad's old single shot Marlin or an old Remington 511...I have got a fondness for old 22's....but not the expendable income to satisfy my "itch"....But hopefully after we get through 2010 it will change, as both of my daughters (both beautiful, btw) decided to get married within 6 months of each other, 1 in June and 1 in November...so I'm in the wedding poorhouse right now.

From looking around a little, there is a lot to offer on this site. I look forward to getting to know some of you and learning a bunch.

Regards,
Dean

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,118 Posts
Welcome, Dean.

As you're most probably aware, the primary rule of the board is to be nice to each other.

Bowhunters are welcome here, also. There's quite a few members that dual hunt with both stick & string and firearm.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I too just bought another bow. I had given up bow hunting a number of years ago due to extreme arthritis in my hands. A good friend who is an avid archer, let me try his wrist mounted release recently. Boy was that nice. I could actually use a bow without hurting my hands. I just bought a bow for my grandson so we could shoot together. Bow hunting will not replace my firearms but sure will add to my enjoyment. Good luck with your daughters getting married. My daughter married a fine young man who is an avid hunter. So I have a new hunting buddy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcomes!

Welcome to the forum. I too just bought another bow. I had given up bow hunting a number of years ago due to extreme arthritis in my hands. A good friend who is an avid archer, let me try his wrist mounted release recently. Boy was that nice. I could actually use a bow without hurting my hands. I just bought a bow for my grandson so we could shoot together. Bow hunting will not replace my firearms but sure will add to my enjoyment. Good luck with your daughters getting married. My daughter married a fine young man who is an avid hunter. So I have a new hunting buddy.
One of my future son-in-laws got me started in archery and bow hunting...we go to some 3-d shoots together, which is great. Like you, my love of guns won't be replaced by shooting my bow. I find it more relaxing to bow hunt for whitetail, than to hunt during the firearm season around here...but I find very few things more enjoyable than spending an afternoon shooting the same old rifle that my grandfather traded a pair of boots for...or plinking along the river with the old single-six that was handed down to me from my dad. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.....

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,268 Posts
I certainly do. I have two Win 92s that belonged to my Grandfather and Great Grandfather. Shooting them brings back a lot of memories. A lot of the firearms I own have been handed down through my family.

·
Banned
421 Posts
Welcome Dean, to the friendliest firearm and hunting forum on the web. We applaud and celebrate diversity here, as it should be, and look forward to your contributions. Enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Dean,

Welcome to the club from across the pond.

CD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts